New Trail Runner Owner

TedBec

Just purchased our Heartland Trail Runner SLE . We went to an Rv show last weekend and signed the papers yesterday. We were pop-up owners before and
now we are happy travel trailer owners. We just wanted to say hello to all fellow Heartland owners look forward to see and learn from you all.:cool:

jimtoo

Hi TedBec,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Please think about joining the Heartland Owners Club. You can check on all the benefits here. Also check out the Heartland rallies in your area, you will meet the best people and eat the best food at a rally.

When you go for delivery or to pickup your Trail Runner be sure you do a very through check up... make sure everything works and you can work everything.

Enjoy the forum and if you have questions, just ask.

Jim M

jnbhobe

Welcome to the Heartland family,enjoy your new rig. As Jim said check out the Owners club, Its well worth the money and this years Ill. rally is in your neighborhood.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Aren't RV Shows fun!!! Congratulations and welcome to the Heartland family. Hopefully spring will hurry up and get here so you can enjoy your new Home away from Home. Enjoy and travel safely.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Nothing like moving into your first travel trailer. Congrats and enjoy!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: New Trail Runner Owner...

We just purchased a new 2013 Trail Runner this past September and will be taking it out on it's maiden voyage on Christmas Day!

We are not new to travel trailers as we traded in our old 1978 24-foot Coachman Cadet in for the new Trail Runner as we were just to the point of not trusting it for some of the long trips we are planning to take in the coming years.

Here is a shot of the old trailer at the Colorado Sand Dunes National Monument two years ago:

SandDunesCampsite-P8167070.jpg

While we enjoyed the years we had in that trailer, about the only things that still worked was the heater, electric and the stove!

The tanks leaked and I actually removed the rear tank as it dragged frequently since it was designed to be towed by station wagons . . . not todays higher trucks!

And the trailer brakes never worked when I needed them the most (coming down Wolf Creek Pass was one place where they on failed me! :mad: ).

Anyway, now that we have a new trailer where everything works, we look forward to more fun times in the future!

Here is a shot taken the day we took delivery of our new trailer (September 11, 2012):

NewCamperTruck-P9110306.jpg

danemayer

Hi JohnD,

Welcome to the Heartland Family and to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find lots of helpful information here along with a great bunch of friendly people who like to get together and have a good time. Check out the EVENTS tab at the top of the Forum screen to find rallies near you. You might also consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. I believe there's now a free introductory membership that'll let you enjoy club membership at no charge for a year. Click on the OWNERS CLUB tab at top of screen.

Where are you headed on Christmas Day?

JohnD

Hi JohnD

Where are you headed on Christmas Day?

We are going to spend a couple of nights up in Loveland, Colorado at an RV park near the foothills.

The trailer has been winterized, so we wanted to go to a place with electric hookups and bath/showers since we can't use the water this time of year.

oldmannj

you guys are gonna love that rear kitchen!!!!! My wife and I now wonder why we didn't go that route years ago!!! Congrats on the new TT and on the new club membership. Have a great trip and enjoy the memories you'll make in the new rig. ED

JohnD

you guys are gonna love that rear kitchen!!!!! My wife and I now wonder why we didn't go that route years ago!!! Congrats on the new TT and on the new club membership. Have a great trip and enjoy the memories you'll make in the new rig. ED

Thanks!

The rear kitchen was the main reason we chose that trailer in the first place.

We saw it several months before we bought it, and that rear kitchen was what started our quest for buying a new trailer.

That is all my wife could talk about all summer long.

She likes to cook, and having all of that room means I won't have to worry about whats for dinner! :cool:

Of course, I like the outdoor speakers . . . :rolleyes:

The other thing that we love about it is the two entrance doors.

I bought two Vizio LED flat screen TV's (19" and 26" - both identical except for the size) and am waiting for one more wall mount to arrive from Campers World so I can get those mounted up for the trip.

I also bought three heavy duty cable locks so I could secure the two batteries and the two propane tanks to the frame in case someone thinks they need them more than I do :p

When I made out my wish list to Santa, I put on it one of those Rand McNally RV GPS units . . . hopefully I've been good enough this year for one of those! :angel:

Last edited:

danemayer

When I made out my wish list to Santa, I put on it one of those Rand McNally RV GPS units . . . hopefully I've been good enough this year for one of those! :angel:
I think Rand McNally is running a promotion on the new RV GPS - $100 trade-in on any old GPS unit.