TV question with regards to our outside kitchen on a Greystone 33CK

bowhunt73

Maybe I should put this in the general TV forum, but I'll try it here first.

I have a TV in the bunk room and main. I'm looking to buy a TV for the outside kitchen. I want something bigger then what we have in the bunk room. Without remounting the factory installed bracket, my measurements tell me max is 21.5 width X 14ish in Height with the bracket locked. I measured using the center of the bracket as a midpoint instead of just measuring the opening. I guess that I could center the bracket if need be and if there is support behind it.

I have found a couple of 22" TVs that will fit based on specs. I have also noticed that the mounts on the TVs are not all centered on the back of the TV. This may be a trial and error project unless I buy local.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket TV in their outside kitchen? What size, brand, model? Did you try to max out? On edit....it needs to have a USB for movies.

I'm going to try and order the same mounting bracket / TV bracket like on the bunk TV so that I can have a secondary mount in the bedroom. I think someone found the website for that equipment over in the TV forum.

Thanks.

Randall

future3490owner

check out this thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/23840-ATF-Greystone-Television-Mounts/page2
He was able to get some help with that...

bowhunt73

Thanks! How did I miss this thread? It's going to be in the 60's here for the next week. Hopefully it stays warm. I have a trip April 11 and May 10th. Let's get out there.

future3490owner

Thanks! How did I miss this thread? It's going to be in the 60's here for the next week. Hopefully it stays warm. I have a trip April 11 and May 10th. Let's get out there.

no problem, thats what we are here for....now what i need to do is find a swing arm bracket (like the one in the outdoor kitchen) for the TV in the living room. I dont mind the stationary one that came with the camper, but it gets a little annoying when sharing the couch to watch the tv. I think i saw the new sundance at the 2012 camping show had one. so there is hope
;)

bowhunt73

I can swing my main tv way out for viewing on the couch. Heartland just needs to send you the correct bracket. We have the same year / model. Maybe they put the wrong one in for you or realized in later builds that they shouldn't be putting in the stationary one. I'm picking my unit up from storage this weekend. If there are any markings I'll let you know.

future3490owner

I can swing my main tv way out for viewing on the couch. Heartland just needs to send you the correct bracket. We have the same year / model. Maybe they put the wrong one in for you or realized in later builds that they shouldn't be putting in the stationary one. I'm picking my unit up from storage this weekend. If there are any markings I'll let you know.

That would be great. My 2012 was built april 2011, so the new bracket could be another mid year change. The new 2012's have some difference in design as well, such as a curved ceiling. I emailed heartland customer service the other day, but have gotten no response yet. I will give them a call tomorrow and see if i get any info.

bowhunt73

Well I called heartland and got the info I needed. The tv mount with swing arm for living room is part #52199, price is $113.10 us.

That's a lot of money for a TV mount bracket. Here are the pics of mine for reference if you decide to go aftermarket. Take care.

IMAG1990.jpgIMAG1994.jpgIMAG1991.jpg

future3490owner

thanks for those pics, that helps alot. My concern with the aftermarket one is finding one that will not make the tv stick out to far to interfere with the slide. But I will definitely explore my options. I know the 2 wall mounts i have in my house were not cheap either.

Hi everyone. we just received our 2013 GS 33CK this week and we spend several hours at the dealer when we picked it up since we had our "own" tv's installed. I had them measure the space and here is what we found: we have a toshiba 24" for the outside kitchen. We had to move the bracket/swing arm up about 13/4 inch and to the left only a few cm to make it fit. there was lots of support behind that wall so no issues moving the bracket. This TV fits this space perfectly with only milimeters to spare. Since I too use USB (AVI files) to watch movies and this tv did not have that direct capability we also purchased and LG Media box. A small item which receives the USB stick. Plus you can use your tv as an internet browser if you have a WIFI connection using this media box (cool side effect). For the living room we also purchased our own Samsung 32" TV so again we can play from USB direct. our livingroom also has a swing arm like the pictures that were posted. For the master we ended up with a small samsung (22") again with the capability to watch direct from the USB port. the kids room came with a TV and since it had a space for a DVD Player I simply hooked up a USB capable player. after all was done we could only conclude that on a per square foot basis, the amount of TV "power" seemed a little rediculous, but oh well. I purchased everything at Best Buy here in Canada but I am sure their selection is very similar. Happy Shopping & Camping!