Added a 95 Watt Solar Panel
Added and additional DC outlet
Added 2 Electronic LP Gas Monitors
Added 2nd Battery
Got a great Propane oven
Added an Electric Jack

Any questions just ask

Mike

I have improved the sink cover by adding a plastic cutting board underneath. Besides being a cutting board it also hold the sink cover in place while traveling. Pic attachedIMG_2191.jpgIMG_2192.jpgIMG_2193.jpg

Last edited:

pegmikef

What kind of rig? I'm kind of interested in the solar panel to keep batteries up when in the sticks. Give generators more relief.

quine9

I have Heartland MPG 185. I installed a GO Power GP-RV-95 Solar Kit. Really happy with it and a easy installation except for running wires to where I wanted.IMG_2127.jpgIMG_2130.jpgIMG_2136.jpgIMG_2127.jpg

Last edited:

ncc1701e

Switched Antenna to Jack TV Digital Antenna
Added a 95 Watt Solar Panel
Added and additional DC outlet
Added 2 Electronic LP Gas Monitors
Added 2nd Battery
Got a great Propane oven
Added an Electric Jack

Any questions just ask

Mike

What was your source for the "Electronic LP Gas Monitors"?

quine9

I bought an "Camp Chef Oven" on line. I am really pleased with I can put it outside or use it indoors. Usually I set it up in the camp dome tent attached to my 185
[h=1][/h]

crennpage

Mike,nice modifications! Isn't the 360 deg antenna that comes with the MPG a digital antenna? If not that could explain the crummy reception I'm getting. Also, did you tie into the wires from the nearest light for the additonal DC outlet or did you have to route a new set of wires from the fuse box/converter? Speaking of routing wires, how did you route the wires from the Solar Panel to the battery?

quine9

Mike,nice modifications! Isn't the 360 deg antenna that comes with the MPG a digital antenna? If not that could explain the crummy reception I'm getting. Also, did you tie into the wires from the nearest light for the additonal DC outlet or did you have to route a new set of wires from the fuse box/converter? Speaking of routing wires, how did you route the wires from the Solar Panel to the battery?

I could not get decent reception from the original omni antenna. So I purchased a "Jack" digital HD antenna. Positioned it in the same location as the old antenna. I get great reception in HD.

As for the additional DC outlet, I pigtailed the wires to the light in the slide out .

First of all, make it easy on yourself and get fish tape, it will make running your wires much easier. I ran the wires from the solar panel down through the air conditioning unit, easy then accross to the bath and down the wall to mount the controller in the same place your other switches are. From there it was a snap to go to under the unit to the batteries.

I hope this helps.

Mike

crennpage

I could not get decent reception from the original omni antenna. So I purchased a "Jack" digital HD antenna. Positioned it in the same location as the old antenna. I get great reception in HD.

As for the additional DC outlet, I pigtailed the wires to the light in the slide out .

First of all, make it easy on yourself and get fish tape, it will make running your wires much easier. I ran the wires from the solar panel down through the air conditioning unit, easy then accross to the bath and down the wall to mount the controller in the same place your other switches are. From there it was a snap to go to under the unit to the batteries.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks for the infomation Mike. I'm still trying to make up my mind where to put my solar panel (120 watt). My options are putting it on the MPG roof like you did, or put it on the roof of my TV. As the TV is pretty much dedicated to "play" (I drive a Prius to work) I'm leaning heavily to putting it there. Then again, even if I do I may elect for a second panel in the near future and put that on the MPG roof so thanks for the fish tape idea. As I could sure use another DC outlet I'll likely install one on the slide out as well next weekend. I'll probably wait awhile though on changing the digital antenna as I want to first pull out all the cable wiring and check to see if the connectors were installed correctly (they certainly were not on the radio).

Craig

kb0zke

Mike,nice modifications! Isn't the 360 deg antenna that comes with the MPG a digital antenna? If not that could explain the crummy reception I'm getting.

We use one of those little converter boxes between the antenna and the television. That works FB as long as we can figure out which remote is running which thing. (Sure would be nice if the remotes were a bit bigger so the names on them could be legible.)

crennpage

Mike, I'm back looking at installing a new antenna again and I was wondering which Jack antenna you installed that gave you the better reception over the factory installed Winegard ... the OA8000 (goes for around $50-$70) or the OA8200 (goes for $140+)?

Craig