Winter Storage

JeremyN

Guys,

Just wondering if you guys take the TV out of your TT during the winter months when you store it? I do, but I talked to two people today and they both said they have never taken theirs out. Just thought I would ask you guys if the cold would hurt the TV or not?

Thanks.

Speedy

I left both of mine in since I have no place to store them safely and I would be a PITA to put them back in prior to leaving. I do however worry about them getting stolen.

archbarb

Have never removed ours. Luckily we live in the "good ole deep South" and it doesn't really get cold enough here:D.

Not sure if the cold temp's would damage a TV or not!!!!!

Archie

PeternLiane

We've always left ours in the NT and SOB. We've never had an issue. Like said before, we always worry about theft, We worry about that at home too.

ILH

I've never removed my TV - never had a problem despite very cold winters.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's not the cold that affects the TV's, it's the low-life scum that break into RV's in storage yards to steal them. Been down that road once, so I pull them out and put them in the basement at home for the winter. Now, if I could just get a box of "Bouncing Betty's", I'd leave them in and tape some $100 bills on the door.

ILH

Gotcha. It was the "Winter" in the title that threw me. I store my RV (current and new one on order) in a compound that has high fencing with barbed wire and coded security gates. The parking area is on gravel and reduces problems with rodents. I have to say, in the last three years that I've been there, I haven't heard of any break-ins or critter problems (knocking on wood).

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Gotcha. It was the "Winter" in the title that threw me. I store my RV (current and new one on order) in a compound that has high fencing with barbed wire and coded security gates. The parking area is on gravel and reduces problems with rodents. I have to say, in the last three years that I've been there, I haven't heard of any break-ins or critter problems (knocking on wood).

High fence with barbed wire: got that
Coded security gate: got that
Security cameras at various locations: got that
Mostly gravel: got that
Not out in the boonies: got that

And they still got my two TV's, along with any other valuables in at least 15 other rigs in the yard. From what I've read here, this type of robbery is not as uncommon as you might believe. And sometimes, they vandalize the interiors just for fun.

mmomega

AnyTimer
I leave my TV's in the trailer as well, there's nothing inside them to get damaged by cold air. I have one mounted outside on the patio at home, just protected from the rain, its a 720p plasma and has been out there for 2 years, through winters and humidity.
As for Winter storage, we also have the high fenced, security coded, concrete drives and gravel parking, security cameras and located in town. I actually park mine in between 2 American Eagle motor homes.... not sure if thats a good thing or not. Hopefully a thief would go after the better looking rig rather than the easier to get in 5th wheel, lol. We also have power to keep the refrigerator running 24/7, it's so nice not having to empty it after each trip.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's not the cold that affects the TV's, it's the low-life scum that break into RV's in storage yards to steal them. Been down that road once, so I pull them out and put them in the basement at home for the winter. Now, if I could just get a box of "Bouncing Betty's", I'd leave them in and tape some $100 bills on the door.

But John, they would mess up the inside of the trailer! (But very effective...:))