Electric Steps

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We use a set of portable step/porch when we're staying for longer than an overnight stop. They came from a small business that no longer has a website. PM me for a telephone number if interested.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I was thinking more of the electric steps similar to what we had on the Class A. I'm sort of a gadget junkie and thought it would be neat to have electric steps that all I have to do is push a button. BTW, I'm also a bit of a lazy junkie also. :eek:

brianharrison

On my Landmark, I have a 4 step manual pull out from factory. The current electric steps (like Kwikee) are max 3 steps. They do not cover the full vertical distance, the last step would be a "big step" (pun intended). The retrofit mounting would be different as well.

Not to sound too negative, but it would not be a simple modification.

There was a previous discussion on this and I'll see if I can find it.

Take care,
Brian

Last edited:

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks Brian, I'll look for the previous thread also. I know it would be difficult and probably not practical but I've got too much time on my hands, so thought I would ask. Ken

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We had electric steps on our Alfa Gold 5er. They were a pita. They would sometimes get stuck halfway in or out and you would have to manually pull them open. The manually steps we have now are much better.