Kitchen Faucet drips during normal use

andyq

I have a 2011 Bighorn 2985RL and the kitchen faucet is a pull down normal/spray type. This drips when in normal use, but is ok when spraying. I have no idea the model so taking apart at this moment is nit an option. The drip is anoying and comes from the back edge, so I suspect a seal is ginked up. Any thoughts or answers?

Andy

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Andyq, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good information available here. I am sure someone will come up with a solution to your problem.
When you say it drips when in normal use, do you mean that the flow just drips, or it drips when not in use and turned off?
If it is a drip when turned off then the faucet is easy to take apart. Under the handle you will find a small rubber plug. Under it you will find an Allen screw that holds the handle on. After removing the handle you will be able to remove a large 'nut'. This holds the cartridge in place. It will just pull out. You may need to replace and or lube the O-rings.
Be sure that the water is turned off and the pressure bled when you do this. Also pay attention how everything comes out so you can get it back together correctly.
Good luck.

Peace
Dave

andyq

Hi Dave, and thanks for the welcome. The drip is at the head. It is a combo spray/normal high arc faucet. OK, normal is the only word I can come up with. I have rubbed the little rubber holes for the spray, bit I am sure the drip is coming from the edge. When off it is nice and dry!