Need advice on paint color

bowhunt73

I'm going to paint my AC cover and fridge vent on the roof, which both are currently white. I'm trying to decide on black, light grey or dark grey. Opinions are welcomed. Thanks. Randall

IMAG1981.jpg

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would say black. It looks like the air vents are black.

I agree, that the black would be a good color since you have already started to have a scheme going on up there. The A/C cover would be nice also painted black if possible. JMO though!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Grey to match the lower paint color of your "Greystone". Second choice would be black. Black will get about 40 deg. hotter in the sun compaired to white. A black AC cover could make your Aircond condenser less efficent.

GETnBYE

I think black paint will fade and never match the other black that is on the roof. I vote char. gray and try to match the strip on the side of the trailer, or a bit darker for fading sake.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'd sit under the awning, crack open a cold one, and leave it the way it is. Summer's too short to have a paint brush in your hand.

PeternLiane

I agree that black will fade. You can paint them the same as the paint on the side. A nice grey will work.

bowhunt73

Well, I was thinking black also to go with the theme of the vents. I have to agree with the valid points pertaining to black will fade and be the hottest for the AC. I was taking pictures the other day and I couldn't believe how much those two items stuck out. Time to go buy some paint. I will post in a few weeks after completion.

As for my fellow Michigander, my wife liked and enjoyed your post the most. Hey, this summer doesn't seem like it's going to be that short I think I got a sunburn today.....then again it will probably dump snow on me up at Lake Port in early April when we go. :mad:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Snowing on you at Lakeport is a good probability. First season we had our rig, I was working on it in short sleeves right about this time of year. First camping set up at Pine Ridge near Birch Run in early April and it was cold as heck. Found out what it's like to run out of propane during a cold rain/snow mix, too. Packing up the rig, a thin sheet of ice came off the main slide topper as I was pulling it in and I almost soiled myself.

And we've had to run the furnace in Indian River in May and June, as well.