First Post-Retirement Trip

Two Hands

I am already retired, but work part time. Next year my wife and I will retire. We are thinking about a trip to see the fall colors of New England. Are there any web sites describing the best routes, the preferred areas and the best time of the year. We are thinking about spending at least a week or two or should we try to stay longer?:rolleyes:

ct0218

You might want to try the RV.net Open Roads Forum. They have a huge following and I'm sure you would get plenty of responses. We would like to go there soon also, but we have a trip planned for Alaska next summer and 2 long expensive trips that close together will be tough on the budget and time availability. We have a beautiful fall here also and it is a very busy time in my log home business. Maybe in '09 we can make it there, sounds enjoyable.

HappyKayakers

Try Googling 'new england foliage'. The first response I checked showed a link to Maine's website which has up to date foliage reports in the fall. Several others I perused had route numbers. Dates will obviously vary from year to year.

jpmorgan37

Two Hands;

Plan your trip and make your reservations now. If you wait, you will have difficulty getting into campgrounds up there during the fall foliage season. It is a beautiful time of the year in New England.

John

ChopperBill

I spent about a year and a half in up state New York right after high school. WOW! The colors in the fall are SPECTACULAR! I even drove to some neighboring states and it was just as great. Seems the whole state of Colorado runs to hills to see the aspen quake in the fall. They ain't seen nothing!

C

Chulinw

After that trip go down on the Blue Ridge Parksway. You will have great view of fall Foliage. I don't think anything can be better than the New England area. The Blue Ridge Parkway is a great trip and good roads.