New 3800 with Ford F350 DRW at Concan Tx on shakedown cruise

bd2dabone

Shakedown.jpg
Very happy camper!
So where do you set the satellite receiver. No good location to place and then run cables behind and thru...set in top cabinet, left door open for remote to work, ran cables around front of cabinet to receiver...no internal holes for cables to pass thru to hide.

TwoGypsies

Awesome Rig!! Congratulations!

As for the receiver, we struggled with the same thing on our 2011. Our son made an opening above the cabinet doors that are above the tv, and added a shelf that sticks out several inches. We used velcro to fasten the receiver and it worked well for a while. Later we upgraded to a dual receiver that was too large for the opening, so we had it strapped to the wall behind the cabinet doors (bottom facing out for cooling). We had grillwork incorporated into the doors so the remote would work, but an alternative would be to get a 'radio repeater' (I'm sure there's a better name for it) so you don't need line of sight for the remote.
I tried several times to post a photo but no luck....

jbeletti

I don't know about Dish Network, but if you have Direct TV, they have a remote control that is RF. That's what we use for all our receivers at home and in the RV. This way, no line of sight is required. This also allows you to place the receiver where it's convenient from a wiring perspective.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
To Post a photo all you have to do is click on the icon "Insert Image" you will see a window open up. Click on "From computer" and click on the browse Button. Navigate to where you stored the photos you want up load and click on Open. A photo will be uploaded to your post. Do the same thing again to up load another photo. I would insert a number of lines with the enter key to give you some room to move the photo around if you wish.

Insert a photo.JPG Insert a photo 2.JPG insert a photo 3.JPG

BC

TwoGypsies

Thanks for the coaching on posting photos. I've done it in the past, but for some reason when I select the 'Insert Image' icon, the whole page grays out and locks up. I tried it again just now. Maybe a caching issue at my end so I suppose I should re-boot, clear cookies, wipe with a scrub brush, or something.

flannelhd

Good looking rig. I like the ramp/deck and the rails. I have a 2009 cyclone 3912, can I turn my ramp into a deck. Hope you enjoy your rig.

CabinetmakerII

Resampled_2011-09-05_15-19-07_406.jpgBd2dbone, Looks like we have the same taste in equipment except our TV is an F-450 DRW. We resolved the Satilite Receiver issue by installing a folding shelf in the opening below the TV and above the fireplace. The shelf folds into itself when not in use to allow the slide to close. Unfold the shelf after slides are deployed to place the receiver. I drilled a 1 1/2" hole through the cabinet shelf above the receiver to route the wires and connect the power. Trying to figure out the connections behind the TV was a challange but I now have it figured out. I also wrote down what lead connects where so I can reestablish the correct connection every time thus redusing the frustration. I will try to get some photos posted of this mod as well as other improvements we have made. BTW, have you had any issues with "Chucking"?

Regards

CabinetmakerII

bd2dabone

Chucking is bad on some concrete highways that make belly feel as though it's about to expel itself. Does your truck ride level. I am thinking of putting air bags on the rear as it already sits down on the overload springs

CabinetmakerII

I was very disappointed with the 450s sag when loaded. Ford said they lengthend the springs to soften the ride. Didn't buy a 450 for a soft ride... Our Ford Dealership helped with working the springs so my suspension is NOT factory. That said, we installed a 5th Airborne kingpin to help with the chucking. I am also considering air bags on the truck to help level up the rig and hopefully reduce what remains of the chucking. I have talked to several 5th wheel owners and there seems to be one common thread. They run air bags.

Regards

CabinetmakerII