New Landmark Warranty

jbeletti

Attached is the new Landmark warranty. Now 2 years + 5 years structural (walls/ceiling/floor).

Jim

Attachments

• HEARTLAND 2-5 yr warranty 2-6-12revb (1).pdf
    154.1 KB · Views: 203

brianharrison

I commend Heartland in offering up the additional warranty - certainly is a leading edge effort to promote the HL brand and quality.

I wonder about the reasoning for non-transferable - only for original retail purchaser. Any thoughts Jim?

Take care,
Brian

DougAndJudy

I'm a little concerned about the "annual inspection at owner's expense" conditions. It seems that if the product is as good as the warranty implies, there should not be an additional expense burden placed on the owner.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, is there any word on weather they are going to extend any of the units that are still in warranty at this time but will be running out at some point?

Willym

I would have expected a structural warranty to include the frame and slide rooms. Just covering sidewalls, roof and subfloor and requiring annual inspections at a dealers, although an improvement over the current set up, is of limited value. Maybe a good bargaining chip for any potential buyer would be to get the dealer to include the cost of the required inspections in the deal.

jbeletti

Sorry but I don't really have answers to most of these questions. I'll attempt to answer those I think I can:

Michael - I did read in the warranty that it is in force for Landmarks made after a specific date. So no to going back and applying it to coaches built earlier - sorry.

Scott - I'm not familiar with the Cyclone warranty but I don't believe we have a 2 year bumper to bumper on any other product. This particular warranty is specifically for Landmark.

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Jim, I really did not think so. I was just grasping at straws with my question.

We are new 2012 Landmark San Antonio owners and, FWIW, Texas legislated in 2011 that ALL towable RVs must have an annual state inspection to renew TX plates each year. I'm sure many RV owners may not be aware of this new law yet, and will be surprised when they try to renew their plates this year.

bunnysue

Great news about 2 year warranty, however I missed it by about two days. There has been some kind of problem with my 2011 Landmark San Antonio purchased January 22, 2011 , we moved into it Jan. 29, 2011.
We had a very fast inadequate "walk through", and several things weren't noticed at the time or went haywire shortly after. Due to the death of my companion less than a month after purchase, and having to return to home state, all work was done in another state, approved by Heartland. There has been something go wrong with this
coach about every month since purchase, and still very shortly after warranty expired, the kitchen sink fell about half way out. The recliners have never reclined as I think of in a recliner, they were replaced, still same problem only one still has a sharp object in the back which is beginning to wear through. I talked to Flair about the problem as well as the fact that the replacement chairs were of much cheaper fabric, (same color) and one has a sharp object in the back which is already starting to poke through. They refused to make this right. The belly has been opened 3 times, 2 times due to water pump leak the other a screw through a hose. Third time service men were to replace a valve on one of the tanks, and in their "inspection " they left the water running in the coach and left the valve closed. This wasn't noticed until water began running out from belly of camper. This was repaired under warranty. The belly still looks like waves in an ocean. Wondering if they would back up the new warranty a couple of days??

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are new 2012 Landmark San Antonio owners and, FWIW, Texas legislated in 2011 that ALL towable RVs must have an annual state inspection to renew TX plates each year. I'm sure many RV owners may not be aware of this new law yet, and will be surprised when they try to renew their plates this year.

Jim, the annual inspection is not something new. A lot of trailer owners just haven't done it, and law enforcement has been spotty. I guess someone finally figured it out in Austin, so they will try to connect the two. We got our plate renewal at the same time as our autos, in February. I sent in the $$$ and the required proof of insurance for the two autos and trailer, and received all tags at once.

We had to get our trailer inspected also, but no one forced us to do it. It was due in April. DH took proof of insurance with him.

Erika

ihsolutions

I love the idea of a two year warranty. Excellent marketing type, and sure to quiet the Jayco fans who do nothing but talk about the superiority of the Pinnacle due to the longer warranty.

In reality though, I see little benefit from a practical standpoint. The dealers in my area are not competent enough to find the propane tanks in my RV, much less a defect that would lead to structural issues. (true story, BTW). Major components like the frame and related mechanical stuff, furnace, A/C, fridge, etc, all have longer warranties anyway, and are usually dealt with directly rather than through Heartland.

The biggest thing with these coaches, is to be looking at them CONSTANTLY and keep an eye out for things that are changing. Things like splitting caulk lines for example. Sure, I'm probably about a thousand times more meticulous than the average guy when it comes to this stuff, but doing so has enabled me to catch many issues during Year 1 (under warranty) that would have led to problems down the line.

All that aside, I still think the 2 year warranty was a great add by Heartland, and should be a huge advantage (or equalizer) on the sales side of the equation.

FordMan1966

I have never owned a Heartland Product until about 2 months ago. So far the warranty department takes way too long to get an issue approved. Not use to this with previous RV manufactures.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I love the idea of a two year warranty. Excellent marketing type, and sure to quiet the Jayco fans who do nothing but talk about the superiority of the Pinnacle due to the longer warranty.

In reality though, I see little benefit from a practical standpoint. The dealers in my area are not competent enough to find the propane tanks in my RV, much less a defect that would lead to structural issues. (true story, BTW). Major components like the frame and related mechanical stuff, furnace, A/C, fridge, etc, all have longer warranties anyway, and are usually dealt with directly rather than through Heartland.

The biggest thing with these coaches, is to be looking at them CONSTANTLY and keep an eye out for things that are changing. Things like splitting caulk lines for example. Sure, I'm probably about a thousand times more meticulous than the average guy when it comes to this stuff, but doing so has enabled me to catch many issues during Year 1 (under warranty) that would have led to problems down the line.

All that aside, I still think the 2 year warranty was a great add by Heartland, and should be a huge advantage (or equalizer) on the sales side of the equation.

AND the Landmark is warranted for fulltiming...the Pinnacle is not....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I have never owned a Heartland Product until about 2 months ago. So far the warranty department takes way too long to get an issue approved. Not use to this with previous RV manufactures.

Is that what the dealer is telling you, or Heartland themselves??

danemayer

Not sure what you might be experiencing. My understanding is that for routine stuff, the dealer warranty claims person just files the claim in the Heartland system. No wait. But I know there are some circumstances where they want supporting info beforehand. I've had three short delays in warranty approval where Heartland wanted pictures of the defect. They responded within a few hours after getting the email with attached pictures.

I've called Heartland Customer Service a number of times and probably got someone (after the switchboard operator) within 2 minutes about 70% of the time. I've had to wait for return calls a few times.

A number of times Heartland has approved warranty replacement of items in my rig based solely on my phone call - and they've shipped the parts directly to me - no dealer involved. 42 inch TV. Several fluorescent lamps. Cabinet doors.

Again, not sure what you're experiencing, or why. If someone dropped the ball on calling back - call them again. Maybe someone got sick or just fouled up.

TravelTiger

I agree, I've experienced the "we are still waiting on Heartland" excuse from dealers I've dealt with. However, when I call HL directly, I have received approval for work within 24 hours. They've even sent me small parts for free! They give tracking numbers, too, so you can track the parts.

Now I have experienced "they sent the wrong parts" scenario, but only once. The parts I ordered were shipped to my repair center, that didn't catch it upon arrival. When I called HL to tell them, they shipped 2-day, to make sure we could still make our scheduled trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordMan1966

Still waiting on this barrell door. I took the Landmark into the dealer on April 11th and it was ordered shortly after that. 6 weeks ago now. Poor Customer Service on the Warranty Departments part.

TravelTiger

FordMan,

I'd call HL direct and find out what is going on. Yes, a barrel door an awkward thing to ship, but I'd find out for sure from HL when it was ordered, when it was shipped or is going to ship. They can give you the tracking number as well, so you know what is going on with it.

E