Mattress

lasiebers

just bought our used Big Horn in Dec. and as of yet we have not got a good night sleep because the mattress is so unconfortable, and we can not find one to fit. It's a king, or so it says

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Bighorn - mattress

Hi lasiebers,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yes, a lot of folks find the original mattress uncomfortable. Us included. I bought a memory foam topper, 2" or 3", then cut about 4 or 6 inches off the end. All RV mattresses are short by home standards. I love mine now, as that topper made it very comfortable for us.

I'm sure you will get more suggestions soon.

Enjoy the forum,

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Since we are fulltiming and wanted to have a good bed, we went to a place that will make a custom bed for us. We also had it made of natural Latex Core. To give you an example of the type of private shop we used here is a link to Sleep Craft in Lewisville Tx. However if your not concerned about haveing to sleep on it a lot, a Topper would be much cheaper. Ours cost us $1,650 and we wouldn't change it.

FWIW
BC

wdk450

My wife bought a 4" memory foam topper from Overstock.com. Big difference!!!

hapjack

Hi: We bought a new Bighorn 3585 in March 2011. We did not like the mattress. We took our measurements to mattress shop and had one made. Perfect and very comfortable!!!

jnbhobe

We ordered ours with a queen mattress and added a 4" memory foam topper from wally world I sleep better on it than at home

Jimmy

just bought our used Big Horn in Dec. and as of yet we have not got a good night sleep because the mattress is so unconfortable, and we can not find one to fit. It's a king, or so it says

This place is listed on Craigslist, they are located in Jacksonville, fl. Just north of you...

If your in need of a mattress for your RV or BOAT call, custom sizes no problem
BEST PRICE
BEST QUALITY
904-759*8188

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Since your thread is not really a question, I moved it into the General Discussions area.
Like others we have the memory foam topper.
Funny thing is there is another thread going now about how a member loves their mattress and want to get one for their house.
Guess we all have different likes and dislikes.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Since your thread is not really a question, I moved it into the General Discussions area.
Like others we have the memory foam topper.
Funny thing is there is another thread going now about how a member loves their mattress and want to get one for their house.
Guess we all have different likes and dislikes.

Peace
Dave

OP's is in a used Bighorn so it is probably the old style mattress - indeed very uncomfortable. The new matresses, with the built in foam are exponentially more comfortable (IMHO). We had to swap our old style one out for a big Serta out of our house because we couldn't sleep without waking up with back pain. With the onethat came in the Landmark, even the DW loves it!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

OP's is in a used Bighorn so it is probably the old style mattress - indeed very uncomfortable. The new matresses, with the built in foam are exponentially more comfortable (IMHO). We had to swap our old style one out for a big Serta out of our house because we couldn't sleep without waking up with back pain. With the onethat came in the Landmark, even the DW loves it!
Yeah Gus I missed that used part. Sorry. However we used the same memory foam in our 2008 Bighorn and it slept very well.

Peace
Dave

santafesoul

Follows is a link about a king to queen mattress.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...(Hydraulic-slide-bedroom)?highlight=fivernine

gjackson

We just purchased a sleep number king mattress. We had one in our home (which we sold with everything else) that we really liked and decided to go with that in our RV. Love that we can each have the bed as soft or firm as desired. Tried the topper but it wasn't for us - donated it to the Humane Society for pet use.

Tex2sum

This is great, we just bought our used 2010 Bighorn 3610RE. Like you we removed the mattress and will replace soon, good to know there are solutions.

Martin & Brenda Munoz
TX

jimtoo

This is great, we just bought our used 2010 Bighorn 3610RE. Like you we removed the mattress and will replace soon, good to know there are solutions.

Martin & Brenda Munoz
TX

Hi Martin and Brenda,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you need help with anything, the Heartland family is here. Check out the rallies on the Portal Page. Got one going in Spring, TX next week... join us if you can. Check out the Heartland Owners Club also.

Jim M

PeternLiane

I ran my knee into our mattress. it as bad as my back did. During the Denver Sport Boat and Travel Show in January we found a dealer selling mattresses. We bought a short memory foam mattress from American Mattress. It's little company in Denver makes the gel core memory foam. It a great mattress and the can make any size mattress. It's great and no more pains in my back or knee.

GWZ1948

Where did you locate your 2010 Bighorn 3610RE? DW and I are looking for one, don't see too many used ones available!