Heartland 27FQBS Internet Purchase

willsjs

Has anyone purchased a Heartland from an internet dealer? I'm considering a 2012 27FQBS from Lakeshore RV in Michigan. The price is pretty much unbeatable (including delivery to home) compared to the NY or NJ RV dealerships in my area. Is there a catch? Did you have a good experience purchasing in this manner? Any other tips or things to consider. Thanks in advance for the input!

jimtoo

Hi willsjs,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

There have quite a few make purchases on the phone or internet. Just do lots of research on the dealer. I think Lakeshore is OK, but I will let some of our other family members that have purchased from them give you more information.

The only down side I see when purchasing like that is when the unit is delivered to you, you don't get to do a good PDI and get the little things fixed, if any, or have someone go over all the appliances and operation of the unit.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

jbeletti

willsjs,

As jimtoo mentions, there are pros and cons to an Internet dealer purchase. Of course the pro is usually net cost based on very low overhead.

In addition to the con Jim mentioned about no thorough PDI by you, there can also be the con of local dealers not wanting to service you as fast as you'd like, as they tend to favor their own customers first. For some, this is not a con as they are transient or make their own repairs.

That said, many have had good long distance buying experiences and some have had poor ones. If you have a local dealer, give him a shot at your business before you make the final decision to go out of your area.

Best of luck and let the forum here know how it all came out.

Let me also say in advance, welcome to the Heartland Owners family.

Jim

Just purchased my Heartland 3300ck in October from Lakeshore and worked with Jim. We couldn't beat the wonderful price and it was well worth it. We had to have a new radio and a few minor parts shipped to us once we received it and had no problems at all. They have been very easy to work with. However we are having our first issue with repairs having to be done at our Heartland area dealer in Indiana and I can say it has not been as smooth as I was hoping for.

willsjs

Thanks everyone for the input and sharing your personal experiences. I'm very excited to say we purchased a 2012 27FQBS from our "local" dealer in upstate NY. Purchasing local was always my preference being originally from upstate NY and we always try to support the local businesses whenever possible. Our dealer did a good job meeting our offer and when all was said and done it was a win-win for both parties. We take delivery on April 21st - YEAH!

For prospective Heartland owners I would definitely recommend doing research with all dealers in your region - look at the internet dealers too. I found prices to vary dramatically and at the very least it will help you make an informed buying decision.

jimtoo

Hey willsjs,

Welcome to the Heartland Family. I know you will love your new Heartland and make many happy memories.

Think about joining the Heartland Owners Club and also attending rallies in your area. Also we have a national rally scheduled for June in Gillette, Wy., that would be a great escape for you.

Now the hard part begins,,, waiting. Also when you go for delivery,, do a really good PDI, check it from top to bottom and front to back.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

CliffP

Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on your new North Trail purchase! Glad your local dealer was able to help you out. Make sure to look at Heartlands PDI and check everything out before delivery. It's much easier to get any problems taken care of now, but know that if problems arise afterwards Heartland will take care of you. Hope you enjoy your new camper.

Cliff and Mindy

Last edited: