Sundance 2800 12 Volt Problem with Living Room Light, Step Light, Inside Entry Light and Awning

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Off and on for a few months, I had to turn the Living Room Light switch on and off a couple of times, to get my liveroom lights to come on. Then it would work our entire trip.

On our last trip: the Living Room Light, Outside Step Light, Inside Entry Light and Awning did not work. I checked the fuse label Living Room Lights and the fuse was okay and no red lights on indicating a bad fuse. As soon as I got done, went back to the to extend the awning it worked and also the three lights mentioned. It worked for the entire nine days of our trip two weeks ago.

Tonight getting ready for our trip, all four items do not work. Regardless on Shore power or not. Again the fuse still okay and all connection on the front of the fuse panel are tight. All other 12volt lights and systems work.

I looked behind the switch Panel and there does not appear to be any loose wires, I check next the batteries and look a the ground buss and all wires appear connected.

Any assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jasmar (Tom)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you looked behind the fuse panel for a loose wire and found none, then I would pull every switch and light fixture that is not working and look for a loose wire there.
They are all spliced together somewhere along the line, so be sure to pull the wires down and check the splices there.

Peace
Dave

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Good News, issue resolve and here is the process I went thru and photos of the process.
1. Check the Ground Buss by the batteries and all groundconnections were secure and tested to the buss to see if it was truly groundedand it was.
2. Also I check all the grounds to the frame of the trailerand all were secure.
3. Then I pulled the control panel that housed the living room switch and I also pulled the switches for the awningand isle and step lights which are mount below thepanel.
4. Then I was able to look behind the control panel anddetermined the that the white and yellow was the hot lead to theswitches.
5. This wire came directly to the four switches (or was a bridged connection) with no wire nuts in the Line. All wireconnectors were secure and securely attached to the switches.
6. Then I pull the circuit breaker and fuse box assembly and lookedbehind it for the white and yellow wire.
7. There was a yellow and a white and yellow wires splice into a wire nut to the black and white wire from the fuse buss for theliving area fuse (number 5). That Wire nut was loose, tighten itand everything now works again.

final fix copy 2.jpg

ncc1701e

Good News, issue resolve and here is the process I went thru and photos of the process.
1. Check the Ground Buss by the batteries and all groundconnections were secure and tested to the buss to see if it was truly groundedand it was.
3. Then I pulled the control panel that housed the living room switch and I also pulled the switches for the awningand isle and step lights which are mount below thepanel.
4. Then I was able to look behind the control panel anddetermined the that the white and yellow was the hot lead to theswitches.
5. This wire came directly to the four switches (or was a bridged connection) with no wire nuts in the Line. All wireconnectors were secure and securely attached to the switches.
6. Then I pull the circuit breaker and fuse box assembly and lookedbehind it for the white and yellow wire.
7. There was a yellow and a white and yellow wires splice into a wire nut to the black and white wire from the fuse buss for theliving area fuse (number 5). That Wire nut was loose, tighten itand everything now works again.

View attachment 18569

My bill for consultation fees will be in the mail .... LOL ....

ncc1701e

View attachment 18569

Tom, Something I forgot. An ole electricians trick to keep the nuts from working loose is a couple wraps of black electrical tape once you tighten the nut. Tom C.