Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trailer Bounces a little

1. Print this Post   #11
    Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders TravelTiger's Avatar

Re: Trailer Bounces a little

I can't recall the brand, but got them at WalMart. The reason for 12 ton was to have in "case of emergency." We don't ever want to find out what would need a 12 ton jack, but if we do, we have two. . We do like John does, using our orange levelng pads, we get the jack close to the rig so not too much extension needed.

Erika
    Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    Texas - West Chapter Leader
    Erika & Tony with two traveling cats, Mambo and Tango
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    2010 ElkRidge 34QSRL (gone)
    2008 NorthTrail 21FBS (gone)
    2013 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 crew cab, long bed, drw, 4X4, 115gal Dually Depot Aux Tank
    B&W Companion 20K hitch, Reese 5th Airborne Pin Box, 507 TST, Torklift Glowstep Revolution
    Visit our blog at http://mammothtravels.blogspot.com/
    HOC #1733

2. Print this Post   #12
    Prolifically Gabby Member JohnDar's Avatar

I've got a 12 ton and a 6 ton bottle jack in my truck box, in case of "emergency."
    Camp Gotchurwallett
    John & Darlene (with Max & Allie, the feline furballs)
    2009 GMC 3500HD SLT CC D/A DRW
    2009 Bighorn 3670RL

H.O.C. #1225

3. Print this Post   #13

I have installed 2 7500lbs scissor jacks behind the trailer wheels. They can lift the trailer on one side, but due to bearings on the. Jack screw the jacks will drop if they are cranked to thight. So I only use them for preventing spring movement. Shocks installed at the proper angle also have stabilized the center of the trailer, but the jacks have sealed the deal.
    Barbara and Laurent, Retired teacher and maintenance/engineering,Full Timing
    Mods: Hydraulic selector valves, Queen bed, heavier front closet rod, W/D door swing changed, 2" rear hitch. 2" pin box hitch.Added build in water filter, Replaced HW Tank Fittings. Modified 2 ceiling vents. Relocated shocks to 60deg. 9/16" U-bolts and spring plates.Center 7500 lbs Scissor Stabilizer Jacks. Hawkshead TPMS. Reinforced kitchen sink supports.More supports and longer rails to couch drawer. Modified bedroom steps for storage. Modified landing gear jacks, etc.
    2005 Ford F250 SD, XL F250 4x4, Long Box, 6.0L Diesel, 6 Speed Stick, Use ScangaugeII for Economy, available 60 XGauges and Scanner, Fuel Pressure Gauge, Max Energy by Hypertech set at 85HP for cooling, torque and economy. ELC Coolant and Filter and EGR cooler deleted. 2 added 1300lbs each spring plies, Fuel mileage 21 MPusG empty, 12.6 MPusG pulling the BC. 6.2" din2 touch screen car Radio with DVD, TV, CD,SD,USB, GPS and Rear Cam,

4. Print this Post   #14

I think you could purchase every RV bounce reducer on the market and still get movement.As long as the tires are on the ground you will get some bounce.

5. Print this Post   #15

We used two 7500lbs scissor jacks on our SOB. That rig didn't move in the high winds and when we walked around. Since we only had our NT out one time since we bought it I'll have to see what happens with more use. I may just buy some more and install them by the tires.
    Peter and Liane

6. Print this Post   #16

Does anyone have any experience with using a king-pin tripod to help with the side to side sway? Front to back we seem fine.
    Thanks in advance- Susan

7. Print this Post   #17

Quote Originally Posted by smildrum View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with using a king-pin tripod to help with the side to side sway? Front to back we seem fine.
    Thanks in advance- Susan
    Don't waste your money !! Get some JT stabilizers and good wheel chocks like Roto-chocks.
    Patti & Jon Holbert
    PJ (Welsh Springer Spaniel rescue)
    Freckles (Welsh Springer Spaniel)RIP
    Erie,Pa.
    Heartland Owners Club #1025
    2009 BH 3370 #9E012371 Sailun S637's on 17.5 in Mod Wheels,8K Hubs, Mor-Ryde Independent Suspension, Disc Brakes, Reese Fifth Airborne, Level-up,LED Lights,awning on slideout and BU lights
    2015 F-350 Lariat Ultimate, DRW, 4X4, Max Tow,4.30 LS Gears,35K GCWR, CC, LB, Heated & AC seats
    2015 Explorer XLT Sport, 4X4, Dual Moon Roofs, 20" Wheels.
    08 Branson,Mi,Rallys
    09 Goshen,Pa,Mo Rallys
    10 East Coast,Pa,Oh,Nashville,NY,On,Illinois Rallys
    11 Cherokee,NJ,Pa,Goshen,Delaware,Illinois,NYRallys
    12 Virginia Beach,Pa,NY,Wi,Mi,Illinois,Minnesota Rallys
    13 Gettysburg, Goshen, NY, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa Rallys
    14 Urbanna, Va.,On,PA.,Illinois, NY. Rallys
    15 Goshen,NE Regional,NY, PA, Illinois, Rallys
    16 Lancaster, SE, SC,NC,NE Regionals, On, Va, PA, NY Rallys
    17 Va.,Goshen

8. Print this Post   #18

I would not spend the money for the kingpin tripod. We have tried that route. The Ultra-Fab Eliminators or JTs suggested in JohnDar's post #2 is a much better option. They do a much better job than a kingpin tripod. I will be removing a set that I will sell from our current unit as we have a new unit ordered with the Level-up system and will have no use for them.
    2017 Bighorn 3970RD
    2013 Bighorn 3585RL -- GONE
    2011 Bighorn 3610RE-- GONE
    2012 Ford F350 DRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7L
    Trailer Saver TS3 and TrailAir TriGlide
    Firestone Airbags with Airlift Wireless control
    2013 Polaris Ranger
    Kubota Grand L3240HSTC
    3 Spoiled Miniature Schnauzers

9. Print this Post   #19

Just installed the JT's on my 2009 Bighorn 3670RL tonight. Wow, what a difference. Tried the Kingpin jack first, that's useles IMHO. Save your time and money and purchase the JT's. DW and I tried to make the trailer move by walking side to side and front to rear. Couldn't do it. They are awesome. Best money spent (This year). Best last year was the independantly operated, 6k lb landing gear from Ultra Fab that were a little "Looser" than the original Lipperts. JT's took all the looseness completely out! Worth every penny.
    Bill and Barb
    2008 Silverado CC
    Duramax / Allison LMM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2