The confusion of towing, towing safety and limits of TV's

Nathan

Ok. So, I have only owned one other RV before I bought my new 30QOK. The dry weight on it is 5995 lbs and a tongue weight of 500 lbs. I own an 05 Tahoe 5.3 liter V8. It's GCVW is 13,000 and the TV curb weight is 4847. The total towing capacity is 7500 lbs. I am using a good Reese hitch with sway bar, etc.. My family and I camp anywhere from 45 mins to 8 hours away depending on the trip. I really haven't noticed any "real" issues with towing it. I mean I only towed it about 15 miles from the dealership to my house but felt pretty comfortable. I believe it is also lighter that my old 28' 2003 Springdale (with a dinette slide). At this time I really am opposed to trading the vehicle in because I don't want to have to "bury" some of it into a newer care. The Tahoe does not sag at the hitch or anything either. We have at least 10 trips planned so far this year so we will be spending a considerable amount of time as NOMADS. SO, my question(s) are;

1) Am I sacrifycing safety or just Fuel mileage?

2) Will the extra 2 feet of length actually make an impact on my TV besides the obvious cross winds?

3) are there any other concearns I need to worry about?