Plastic piece that holds curtain

Dylan

Does anyone have a link on where to find the plastic L shaped piece that slides in the curtain and screws into the wall? It broke off, on the small curtain in the bedroom, on a 3670RL.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I broke one on our last rig. They were ordered from Heartland. I bought 6 of em. Glad I did as I broke one in this rig last month. If I recall correctly they were about 2 bucks each.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032
574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Have your vin handy when you call Heartland Customer Service. Be sure to mention you are a Heartland Owners Club member for a 10 percent discount.

DougAndJudy

They are used in other RVs as well. We've purchased them at Camping World (when they have them) and at RV dealers' parts dept.

noobee

I had the problem with my previous Cardinal & my current BH. I got heavy duty ones from an Arctic Fox dealer. Have not had the problem since.

DougS

Doug S
I made new L shaped brackets out of stock aluminum that I bought at the hardware store. I copied the bends using a couple of pliers. I then cut the aluminum to length and drilled two holes where it is connected to the wall. This took only a couple of minutes. The fabrics covers the aluminum.

GOTTOYS

I repaired mine and they are much better than new. Start with a can of plastic pipe cement. You need the one that's good for both PVC and ABS. I got mine at Lowes for about 5 bucks. Just a little dab on each end, press them together and hold the for about 30 seconds. They'll stick on their own after that. When you put them together be sure you get them lined up so they go together right where they broke. After 3-4 hours, so they cure real good, reattach them with new screws. This is the key, Replace all those flathead countersink style screws with some 3/4 X #10 panhead sheetmetal screws. It's the screws they used that are causing them to break. You will notice they all break in the same place. The taper on the screws is forcing the bracket apart right where the screw goes through them causing them to crack. For extra safety I traded mine with one in a "safer" location to keep it from breaking at the repair, although I don't think it matters. Then proceed to replace all those old screws with the panheads. So far so good and.... I have enough glue to keep me entertained for months....Don