New to forum - looking at Landmark for full-timing

Hello,
New member, first post.
We are a young couple by traditional fulltimer standards having recently retired from the military. We are both now working in corporate jobs but planning our escape to join the fulltiming ranks by this time next year. We are seasoned recreational campers having owned entry level and luxury rv’s over the last 18 yrs.
We are researching high end 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheels and have concentrated on Mobile/Elite Suites, Newmar, Excel, and Heartland’s Landmark line. There are things we like about each brand but need to find that comfortable compromise between features and value.

So, here we are. Hoping for an opportunity to read through the Landmark-related posts and get better acquainted with the product.

-Lodge

jimtoo

Re: New to Heartland forum

HI Lodge,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully soon to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You will find lots of information here from other owners that are full timers.

Enjoy the forum and see you on the road soon.

Jim M

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Hey Lodge! We, too, are on the younger end of the full-timing crowd. My husband has 62 more days to work with an actual retirement date of October 1 (after 29 years of service). We moved into our Landmark last April and LOVE it! Have had no regrets and still like each other!

Good luck to you and if there are any questions we can answer - let us know!

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired

You'll have a hard time finding anyone better than Heartland when it comes to customer service. This forum has many extremely helpful members who will answer your questions about the RV and how to fix minor problems. I love my Landmark. Ken

jbeletti

Hi Lodge,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for considering Heartland as you research your next rig for full-timing.

Any of the brands you mentioned will be great choices. While most of the members of a manufacturer branded forum may not have experience with the other brands you mentioned, they can certainly give you a lot of feedback on the Heartland Landmark on your list - both pros and cons, likes and dislikes.

If your budget is $70-$90k, Landmark should be strongly looked at. If you're looking north of that, or even well north of that, or are looking for a custom/semi-custom coach, the others may be best suited for you.

Either way, your happiness is paramount and the Heartland family of owners are here to help you with your Landmark questions.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Ya can't go wrong with a Landmark. The support by both the corporate end and other Heartland owners just can't be beat.

jjriker

Hey Lodge,

Welcome to the forum! My husband, Harry and I are also on the road to fulltiming and are also probably on the "younger" side by retirement standards. We bought our Landmark last June and LOVE it. We will be living in it fulltime by the beginning of next month.

Thanks for the warm welcome and gracious offer to share your experiences. I like what I've been reading thus far.

-Lodge

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Hi Lodge,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for considering Heartland as you research your next rig for full-timing.

Any of the brands you mentioned will be great choices. While most of the members of a manufacturer branded forum may not have experience with the other brands you mentioned, they can certainly give you a lot of feedback on the Heartland Landmark on your list - both pros and cons, likes and dislikes.

If your budget is $70-$90k, Landmark should be strongly looked at. If you're looking north of that, or even well north of that, or are looking for a custom/semi-custom coach, the others may be best suited for you.

Either way, your happiness is paramount and the Heartland family of owners are here to help you with your Landmark questions

Now how often do you see this with SOB's. This is the attitude that I like...

Good for you JB.

BC

JJOren

Hi There!

Welcome to the Forum. We are on the young side of retirement as well. So much so that we live in our Landmark 5 days a week and still have a home for the other two. One of these days we're going to lose the house...LOL

Actually, we have had a little experience with at least one of the other brands that you mentioned. Lost it to an unfortunate fire. In the aftermath of that fire we were introduced to the Heartland line of products. In the process, had an absolutely disasterous experience with a dealer. Heartland stepped in and made it right. I think that is what we so deeply appreciate about the company. And that is what caused us to move up to the Landmark when it was time.

I have found no other manufacturer as concerned with the CX's experience than Heartland. As far as I'm concerned you can't go wrong. We have found our Landmark to meet or exceed anything else on the market today!

FordMan1966

Welcome to the Forum. I have been camping for about 45 years from a child to now. My wife and I just bought a 2013 Landmark and it is great. The Customer Service from Heartland has been great as well as the dealer support. We have used ours only one weekend but going again tomorrow. We both still work and are weekend campers. we do spend 2 weeks in the RV at Myrtle Beach in June and a week and half at Disney World in the Fall. I have a friend that is retired and owns a 2012 Mobile Suites and he wishes he would have bought a Landmark because of the weight of the MS. He thinks the fit and finish is better on the Landmark.

We took delivery of our new 2013 Grand Canyon yesterday. Have had 3 5th whl's and the last 2 were Heartland's. We researched for 6 months, traveled 3 states looking at other brands you mention and always came back to Heartland for fit, finish, over all quality and value for the money. There is always features on one that you would like to see on all but that is personal preference, specific customer target by brand and competition. There was even one thing that another Heartland trailer we looked at had that the new Grand Canyon doesnt have. But other things the G Canyon had made it the top choice. In the end it is choice. Like some one else mentioned better look at weight on some of the other brands you mentioned. Some we looked at were 18-19K and a 3500 will not pull that safely. Have fun researching. That's part of the fun. And let us know which Landmark floor plan you go with. :)

FordMan1966

Congrats on your new Grand Canyon. We are enjoying our 2013 Grand Canyon as well. Maybe we will cross paths in a campground sometime.

We took delivery of our new 2013 Grand Canyon yesterday. Have had 3 5th whl's and the last 2 were Heartland's. We researched for 6 months, traveled 3 states looking at other brands you mention and always came back to Heartland for fit, finish, over all quality and value for the money. There is always features on one that you would like to see on all but that is personal preference, specific customer target by brand and competition. There was even one thing that another Heartland trailer we looked at had that the new Grand Canyon doesnt have. But other things the G Canyon had made it the top choice. In the end it is choice. Like some one else mentioned better look at weight on some of the other brands you mentioned. Some we looked at were 18-19K and a 3500 will not pull that safely. Have fun researching. That's part of the fun. And let us know which Landmark floor plan you go with. :)