2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 4 wheel drive one ton dually

1231ChaseB

Just a curiosity question ! I bought this truck new and have always wondered if there we're a couple thing's missing ! Anyone having one of these trucks, did you get a hitch adaptor and radiator cover with the truck ???? I've heard that some time's they we're included with the truck !
Thanks
chaseb

rnewk52

My 2008 Chev LTZ 3500 DRW came with a full radiator cover, wrapped in a plastic sack under the back seat. If by hitch adapter you mean the sleeve that goes inside the rear hitch receiver, then yes mine came with one of those and the pin.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not a Chevy, but my GMC came with them. The cover is still in its plastic wrap and the adapter is under the back seat. Only need it when I use our bike rack.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Looking over my paperwork from ordering my truck, it appears that I added the engine cover as an option. The hitch insert appears to be part of the Trailering Equipment option. So, to recant a bit, it might not have been a freebie, but I tend to option up a vehicle when I order one. If you "built" your vehicle online and printed it out, take a look at it. That's what I walked into the dealership with and we went from there with some other options not factory installed, like spray-on bedliner and entry assist steps.

The radiator cover also shows up on the window sticker as a $55.00 added option.