Flair recliner

drrhein

We have two of these recliners installed in our 2010 Landmark Grand Canyon.
Both have the same issue, you have to physically hold them reclined.
so when you recline and relax the chair pushes you back up unless you use pressure to hold it back.
After about an hour of this you're worn out! I've never had a recliner that had this problem.
I looked for an adjustment but can't find anything.

How to solve??

Dennis & Georgie
Lutz, Fl

hillsonwheels

You're not gonna have any joy on that issue. Have already gone thru all those things you discussed. :mad: Called Flair and was told that there is no adjustment. I'm still studying on the problem. Seems like there oughta be a way to relax the springs so you don't feel as if you're in an ejection seat. :confused: If you discover a fix, I'd sure like to hear about it. I'll be sure to share if I do.

Dick

Dick

drrhein

Dick
Hmmm, sounds like a design flaw. I'll contact Heartland and request they both be replaced with something else under warranty.
Especially since Flair told you there is no fix.
Maybe they will chime in here at some point and comment.

Dennis

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We had the same problem on our Key Largo. Here's how we "fixed" it. We got rid of the recliners and bought a new dual reclining wall hugging love seat. It works great and is more comfortable. Ken

DougS

Doug S
Took both our sofa and recliners out with no problem. Use three people though, easier on the back, one person inside, two outside.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Did you have any problems getting it in the door, what model and brand?

Is came from Ashleys Furniture and weighs 226#. Yes it was heavy and difficult to get in the door, but only because it was so heavy. We stood it up on end and "walked" it in the door. It took three of us but it looks great and is very comfortable. Ken

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not sure if we just got a good batch, but in our 2011 KL, we do not have that issue. We do have an issue where, when you raise the foot rest it makes a clunking noise. But so far we are happy with them. Not sure how long they will last though. Good luck finding a cure.