New 29BHCK Elk Ridge

racingzr

Hi all,
Proud owner of a new Elk Ridge. It's quite a step up from our 1989 5th wheel. Very excited and hope to start using it soon. A couple questions:

1) Are there any known issues or things to look for?
2) We noticed a couple things. First, there was only one sink cover. Don't most have a cover for each side of the sink. There was a very small chip in the counter. Should I ask the dealer about both of these? We have already taken delivery.
Thanks, look forward to the forum, happy camping!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Racingzr, and welcome to the Heartland Family and Heartland Owners Forum. There is a ton of information shared here.
Most definitely talk to your dealer about the missing sink cover. If this rig was sitting on the lot they may have used the sink cover for some other rig repair.
The small chip? Depends on how it looks to you. They would most likely somehow buff it so it is less noticeable.
Just be sure to use your new Elk Ridge and use everything in it to be sure it all works.

Peace
Dave

MdMike

Wow, we just bought the same camper from our local dealer. We take delivery next week. Wish us luck! It is our first 5th wheel and we traded a very nice TT so we could gain a little more room and get some better towing response from the new rig!

Peace and good luck!
Mike
Elkridge, Md!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Well, congratulations to both of you new Elkridge owners! No doubt you will have many fun camping adventures in the rigs! If you get a chance..check out a Heartland Owners Club chapter near you.

Best Wishes!

ucwinters

Ours came w/ 2 sink covers. Lots of storage area where the other one might have been placed - upper cabinets and such. If not located, I'd certainly ask for a replacement.
Enjoy your new rig.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland family!

We love our ElkRidge. Of thing to watch for, these are more 'global' for any new RV:

Watch your tires. Check the pressure, and visually check them regularly as you travel. Tires aren't made like they used to be!

Check under your sinks, the water and drain connections. These tend to loosen up with travel, and cause leaks.

Regularly check your caulking everywhere! It's your responsibility. Water damage due to ignored maintenance won't be covered in your warranty.

If you have issues with tv, satellite or cable, check your coax connections first. Bad or lose connections are 90% of the problem.

Enjoy your ElkRidge!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MdMike

Just had a major disaster this weekend.

We are camping in Cherrystone near Cape Charles Va. Came back to camper to find water flooding from the UDC compartment. Shut of water and tracked it to a broken PEX fitting at the female threads on the hot water line to the bathroom vanity.

Drove over an hour one way to get some push on fittings that still leaked!

Called my Heartland dealer back home to see if I could drop the unit off on my way home to the Baltimore area and have it repaired on Monday as we have a trip set for the next two weeks beginning on Tuesday! Nope can't help me till August!

So they call me back with some other local places to help me when I get home. They can't help till August!

Then we call a plumber local to this area and get the service we needed. Back in business now and just finished drying out the basement area (small area got wet.

Dealer says send receipts so they can reimburse me as this is under warranty. We will see if it is that easy!

First thing I do when I get home is buy the PEX tools, a 5ft chunk of line, clamps/fittings etc. to keep on board the camper. I am sure this will happen again somewhere. When I get time I may do the same setup the plumber did with a shut off valve fitting on the PEX and a faucet supply line to the faucets. I will not take anybody more chances!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So sorry to hear but glad you got it repaired!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gasman

Camp Socializer
Whenever we leave the trailer, we always shut off the water (or the pump if we are boondocking). That won't prevent a water leak but it does prevent the surprise.

MdMike

Yes we usually do as well. My wife was at the trailer and walked away for about 10 mins. to visit a site behind us. I was out on the boat with my son crabbing...... Not alot of damage but the hassle of no water and dealing with finding a repair person was the worst.

To add insult the dealer who sold us the unit and does the warranty work wouldn't take us till AUGUST and we had two more weeks of travel before we were home for a bit. The repair took less then an hour.... They said they would reimburse me for it..... We will see....

MdMike

UPDATE: My dealer sent a check the other day fully reimbursing us for our on the road repair by a plumber for the broken hot water line in my Elkridge 5th wheel bathroom. I am again a "Happy Camper"!