ATF: Cyclone - 2012 Cyclone 3010HD Modifications Questions

mrperrigo

Hello,

New to 5th Wheel RVing and just purchased the 2012 Cyclone 3010HD and need some help with a few things that I could not find answers to by surfing the forum.

1. Is there a full header behind the supplied backplate in the garage for a tv mount, or do you need to mount only in a specific area on the plate. If it is area specific can you provide the precise measurements to the mounting location, or better yet provide blueprints of the framework/walls for the entire garage as I would like to add several wall-type tie-downs and brackets for other items as well.

I'm using the OmniMount 13" - 32" Flat Panel TV Wall Mount (meant to mounted to a stud) purchased from Lowes for a 22" flat screen TV/DVD Combo.

2. Also, I'm unable to find the quick release tv tie-downs like are installed by the factory in the main living area. Could you tell me where to purchase those?

3. Before purchasing the unit I did my homework on construction, insulation factors, heating and cooling and now I'm confused a bit about the insulation factors of the garage. By reading through the forums I'm led to believe that the garage is not insulated, or at least not to the standard of the rest of the unit which is very disappointing to me as I thought the whole unit was useable living space. It doesn't make sense as there are beds, a dinette, and heating/cooling ducts in the garage. Please advise me that I'm wrong about this. If not wrong, please tell me the best way to insulate it myself/have it insulated.

4. When I went to pick up the unit, I discovered during the walk-through that there was no thermostat installed for the Fantastik Fan in the kitchen area. The dealer corrected the problem on the spot but had to borrow from another unit, find the wires which were behind the DVD/Radio, and install the t-stat. It does work, but the rain-sensor is not working properly. When it rained the fan shut-down but the vent stayed wide-open. Luckily I did not find any puddles. How do I fix this?

5. On your website the cyclone standards show that there is supposed to be an IPOD station with your audio system, but I am unable to find one, the dealer appeared unaware of this, and the manual for the system does not show one either. A little help here please.

6. Lastly, probably a silly question, but with the heated underbelly do I need to do anything to turn heat on in that area, or is automatic when the unit's heater is running?

This was a huge step for us, and I sincerely want this to be a pleasurable experience as we love this floor plan and design. Any assistance you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Mark P

porthole

Retired
New to 5th Wheel RVing and just purchased the 2012 Cyclone 3010HD and need some help with a few things that I could not find answers to by surfing the forum.

Welcome and good luck and happy camping with the Cyclone. That model has to be the most popular model Cyclone on the market. There are plenty of us her with a 3010.

1. Is there a full header behind the supplied backplate in the garage for a tv mount, or do you need to mount only in a specific area on the plate. If it is area specific can you provide the precise measurements to the mounting location, or better yet provide blueprints of the framework/walls for the entire garage as I would like to add several wall-type tie-downs and brackets for other items as well.

There is supposed to b a backer board in the TV frame in the garage. You should be able to feel it with a knuckle rap test.
You will not be able to get a blueprint of the wall, HL is a bit stingy about that. I do have one though for an outside wall (seems generic from side to side)

2. Also, I'm unable to find the quick release tv tie-downs like are installed by the factory in the main living area. Could you tell me where to purchase those?

If you want the exact same tie downs, call HL customer service.

3. Before purchasing the unit I did my homework on construction, insulation factors, heating and cooling and now I'm confused a bit about the insulation factors of the garage. By reading through the forums I'm led to believe that the garage is not insulated, or at least not to the standard of the rest of the unit which is very disappointing to me as I thought the whole unit was useable living space. It doesn't make sense as there are beds, a dinette, and heating/cooling ducts in the garage. Please advise me that I'm wrong about this. If not wrong, please tell me the best way to insulate it myself/have it insulated.

The walls and ceiling are the same, nothing under the floor in the garage. I haven't done it yet, but several have added the foam boards under the garage floor. The garage area underneath also does not have the plastic underbelly.

4. When I went to pick up the unit, I discovered during the walk-through that there was no thermostat installed for the Fantastik Fan in the kitchen area. The dealer corrected the problem on the spot but had to borrow from another unit, find the wires which were behind the DVD/Radio, and install the t-stat. It does work, but the rain-sensor is not working properly. When it rained the fan shut-down but the vent stayed wide-open. Luckily I did not find any puddles. How do I fix this?

"push-pull" the star shaped manual knob. You can "disconnect" the automatic closing of the vent by pulling the knob down, that disconnects the gear drive.

5. On your website the cyclone standards show that there is supposed to be an IPOD station with your audio system, but I am unable to find one, the dealer appeared unaware of this, and the manual for the system does not show one either. A little help here please.

Not sure what changes there are for this, but on mine, the iPod station is nothing more then a place to plug in a music player. On the Jensen installed in my trailer I got on eBay a Jensen iPod docking cable.
This plugs into the back of the radio. I ran the cable over to a side compartment.

6. Lastly, probably a silly question, but with the heated underbelly do I need to do anything to turn heat on in that area, or is automatic when the unit's heater is running?

The "heated" underbelly is nothing more then a hole in the heater duct work under the floor. It just spills some of the air used to heat the coach into the underbelly.

mrperrigo

porthole,

Thanks for your thoughtful welcome and your insight on my questions. My wife and I love the floor plan on the camper and honestly is was between the 3010 and the Raptor 300MP. Very comparable floor plans and amenities.

If you want the exact same tie downs, call HL customer service.
I do not need the same tie downs, nice if I could find them, but not necessary. Thinking of just using a bungee and two eye-screws when not in use.

The walls and ceiling are the same, nothing under the floor in the garage. I haven't done it yet, but several have added the foam boards under the garage floor. The garage area underneath also does not have the plastic underbelly.
Well that is some welcome news. I may come back later to see how to shore up the underside insulation of the garage. Thank you much for that.
"push-pull" the star shaped manual knob. You can "disconnect" the automatic closing of the vent by pulling the knob down, that disconnects the gear drive.
I understand the push-pull engagement, but it opened and turned on automatically, the fan shut down automatically, but the vent remained open. I will give this a try. Can you test it by spraying a hose on the roof?

Not sure what changes there are for this, but on mine, the iPod station is nothing more then a place to plug in a music player. On the Jensen installed in my trailer I got on eBay a Jensen iPod docking cable.
This plugs into the back of the radio. I ran the cable over to a side compartment.
Not my idea of a docking station, but sounds like you got licked. Thanks for sharing your fix.

I've seen some of your mods to your camper and envy your talent and abilities.

Happy Camping to your and yours,

Mark

TwoGypsies

Congrats on your new trailer! I wouldn't use a bungee on your tv. I think it would allow too much 'bounce' and could lead to problems. A strap that can be cinched up will be better. I'd suggest getting it from HL. Another source would be from Aerostich, the motorcycle gear company.

porthole

Retired
I understand the push-pull engagement, but it opened and turned on automatically, the fan shut down automatically, but the vent remained open. I will give this a try. Can you test it by spraying a hose on the roof?

Check it anyway, very possible it was only half engaged and popped out.
Don't need a hose, just a few drops of water. The sensor is under the lid and you can plainly see it up on the roof. Looks like a circuit board.

If it is bad you have two choices, call Heartland and let hem handle it or you could call Fantastic Fan, explain what it is doing and they will send you out the parts direct.
Good customer service at Fantastic Fan.

mrperrigo

TwoGypsies,

Congrats on your new trailer! I wouldn't use a bungee on your tv. I think it would allow too much 'bounce' and could lead to problems. A strap that can be cinched up will be better. I'd suggest getting it from HL. Another source would be from Aerostich, the motorcycle gear company.

Thanks for your input. That makes much better sense. Straps on the way.

Happy Camping,
Mark

I think the iPod docking station was discontinued in 2012. I've seen something to that effect on several websites selling the Cyclone.

Tool958

I think the iPod docking station was discontinued in 2012. I've seen something to that effect on several websites selling the Cyclone.

They did discontinue it. Ours is a 2012 and doesn't have one. Actually wish it did have. I'm going to put some kind of bracket on it to hold my I-phone. I've got my cd collection on it and would like to be able to use it without having to leave it hang or setting somewhere where it can be knocked off.