Flushing black tank #2

Bksvo

Not what some of you might be thinking...

My 3800 has two blackwater tanks. Does the black water flush connection in the utility bay only flush the front black water tank (#1)? I'm not seeing a way to divert the water between tanks.

Thanks!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Not what some of you might be thinking...

My 3800 has two blackwater tanks. Does the black water flush connection in the utility bay only flush the front black water tank (#1)? I'm not seeing a way to divert the water between tanks.

Thanks!
I don't know but if you know for sure both tanks are empty and run the flusher, watch for water flow from either tank. Assuming you use a clear adapter on your sewer hose.
I seriously doubt that the one flusher would go to both tanks. You can always call Heartland Customer Service. Have your VIN ready.

kaigun3

The flush only works on the front. I figured this out on by turning the flush on with all the valves closed and the tanks empty. after a few min, I openend the valves to see what one let water out. The best I thing i have figured out is to hold the tolet flush in the back down until it is 3/4 full and drop in a treatment and let it sit over night. I got an orange smelling one at walmart! Then the next day I fill it up all the way and let the valve go, it seems to get 90% of the waste out and smells like oranges. Depending on use, I have to do this about once a month or so!

I think my 3 front valves are Black water, Grey 1 and grey 2 in that order from front to back, is that your experience as well?? have you come up with any ideas on how to keep the smell down??

andrew

Bksvo

My valves, from front to back, are black 1, gray 1, black 2, gray 2. Maybe the reason HL doesn't label them at the factory is they can't keep them straight!

We typically drain the tanks every time we leave a park. We haven't gotten into boondocking yet, but will likely find a dump station after every trip, so nothing would ever sit in there for very long. We use laundry detergent and Calgon, and have never had a problem with smell. If you use chemicals, I believe you should put them in before you start using it.

I'm seriously considering that the rear lav only be used for #1 from the kids when we are only out for a day or two. That would make dumping a lot easier, because I wouldn't have to fill that rear tank to dump it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you can access the rear tank, you can install a tank flushing system for it. I'd recommend doing it before the tank gets too much use, though.