We bought a truck!

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Well, that was far more scary than any other purchase I've ever made.

We bought a 2011 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat. It has all sorts upgrades, but Eric is most excited about the air conditioned seats! The dog is going to fight us for it I'm sure.

Now I just need someone to remind me how much I am going to love a big truck and how much we will enjoy traveling the country.

DougS

Doug S
Good luck on your truck. Sounds like our purchase yesterday, just ours was a 2012. Old F 250 was getting tried.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Jim, those are already a favorite! We also discovered (at 1am) that the truck has remote start. Awesome (unless your our neighbors trying to sleep.) LOL The truck is actually pretty quiet though.

Looking forward to getting it organized.

mmomega

AnyTimer
You'll also notice that if it is very warm outside and you remote start it, the AC and seat coolers will come on.

Once you put the key in you will have to turn the seats back on though.

I always remote start mine before I walk out the door so I can just hop in and go.

You can also set the amount of time the truck will run by going through the settings on the steering wheel and dash. There are a few neat features you can change around to you liking.

loafer

Congrats on the new truck, Yes you will have fun on the road ,new experiences and new friends.
Travel safe
Bill

porthole

Retired
You'll also notice that if it is very warm outside and you remote start it, the AC and seat coolers will come on.

That's fine you Texans, but up here we prefer the "truck start - cabin - warm heated seats on" scenario.

Just an FYI to you SD owners, to have that feature work (cabin temp, appropriate seat mode) the HVAC system must be in the "auto" mode before you shut the truck off.
There are outside temperature setting that are used for the auto heat and cool feature.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Here he is.

newtruck_thumb.jpg.pagespeed.ce.uR_j-G2eT1.jpg

Attachments

• newtruck.jpg
    newtruck.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 35

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Is that what those lights are for? They came with the truck. I don't know the first thing about them. :)

Yeah, I'll get back to you after I've polished all that chrome. lol I guess the sheet did say there was a chrome package installed. I wondered what that meant. I *think* the tailpipes are even chromed.

porthole

Retired
I guess the sheet did say there was a chrome package installed. I wondered what that meant. I *think* the tailpipes are even chromed.

Tailpipes are polished, chrome package includes the chrome grill, mirror caps, tow hooks in the front and the tie downs in the bed should be chromed unless it was spray lined.

you bought that truck at elite motors in catersville ga didnt you? i looked at it but could not work a deal on my trade ended up buying new from local dealer.

ntoport

I've had '05 350, '07 150 and now a '11 350, and the 2011 by far is the best. You'll love it. I have put more miles on this one in a shorter period of time than I ever did on the other ones. The new engine hands down out preformes their last one. Love to drive it. Congrads

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
you bought that truck at elite motors in catersville ga didnt you? i looked at it but could not work a deal on my trade ended up buying new from local dealer.

Lol, yep! Sorry they wouldn't give you a deal. I guess we wore them down. We looked at a couple of new ones, but this guy was practically new. Still has the new car smell. :) only thing was, the front mats were missing. We custom ordered them off the Internet (cheaper than going through Ford) and the carpeting is so plush. Much softer than the factory mats in the back.

Hope you're enjoying your new truck.