EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: VA, Temperanceville - 7/19/2012 to 7/23/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I can hear Gilligan already!!!!!!!

So glad Harriet & Jim can make it! Additionally pleased with seeing Jim and Leslie again! It is usually many months between sightings of you guys and we are going to see each other again so soon!!!! Yahoo!!

cjhicks

Jim, We will call the Campground in the morning to find out why they put you in a different area. As far as we know there were 2 sites left unless some one else has made a reservation and they have not posted about it.
Leslie and I are set to attend this gathering. We will arrive on 19 July and depart on 23 July. We are set up on site RF9A, but Barbra at the campground said she is working to move us to the same site location as the others in the group. We can't wait!
Jim

cjhicks

Ok, Just talked to Campground , Jim & Leslie Pasch are now on Site 109A and we would like to Welcome Roger and Janet Burnham on Site 108B to our group. We have filled our 10 Sites and the Campground has also filled all of there sites for the Weekend

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Is there anything we need to know for building our watercraft? Is there any restrictions on materials?

Contratulations to you both for selling out your sites! Good Job!

cjhicks

Deb, There are no restrictions on what materials we use to make our Raft. We have a couple of ideas and will talk more when we see you in Pa.
Is there anything we need to know for building our watercraft? Is there any restrictions on materials?

Contratulations to you both for selling out your sites! Good Job!

gschaaf

Calvin and Judy we had a great time you did a fantastic job organizing everything and it is a beautiful cg. We will go back again for sure. We got home safe and sound with no issues. We'll see ya at castaways

porthole

Retired
Once again we are in a Heartland - Cyclone exclusive section of the campground!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343143462.560454.jpg

Oh wait - we are the only trailer in the section. Same thing in Lake George, honest - we do shower everyday.....

iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Once again we are in a Heartland - Cyclone exclusive section of the campground!

View attachment 20431

Oh wait - we are the only trailer in the section. Same thing in Lake George, honest - we do shower everyday.....

iPhone using Tapatalk

C'mon Duane, you know your just, "special" :)

Seriously though- maybe it's due to your need for the rear ramp door to open? Are you asking for the "rally area" when you reserve? Maybe the CG checks some special records in advance and just knows where to place you :)

You can camp next to me anytime. I'm sure I'd learn alot.

porthole

Retired
No Jim you are missing the "details" since you have not been up here with us poh' nor' eastern folks camping.

We have been right in the mix with the group, just have had the luxury of being last to leave at the last 3-4 rallies. Not sure, but besides Lake George and Tall Pines I think we were last at VA beach and Friendship PA rallies.

As to the ramp door. I make that a non issue. If access looks limited I unload before parking.

Makes life easier.
But, except for Lake George, the other 3 have had at least 20' of clear space behind the trailer.

iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
BTW, for those that were wondering, the bags came around 5pm.
Had to find the local TSC for a large socket and thread sealer. Got that, cooked some steaks and then replaced the bags by 9pm.

Took my time with the heat and bugs, not to mention cooler access.

iPhone using Tapatalk

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
BTW, for those that were wondering, the bags came around 5pm.
Had to find the local TSC for a large socket and thread sealer. Got that, cooked some steaks and then replaced the bags by 9pm.

Took my time with the heat and bugs, not to mention cooler access.

iPhone using Tapatalk

If we were still there I would have volunteered to take care of the cooler for ya buddy! Glad you got what you needed and the job done so you have some time to visit before you head home. Are you going to see the Pony Swim tomorrow?

porthole

Retired
Well we finally had a front come through and drop the temps.

Got a bit breezy and dark, then some rain. Dropped the temps down from about 102 all the way down to 92.

Nice sunset followed dinner. iPhone pic, so not the best.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343178562.918862.jpg

iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
For those that "didn't see the 1st sign" and for all of you that missed the new sign on Thursday.

Attachments

• Sign_2_001.jpg
    Sign_2_001.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 13
  • Sign_3_001.jpg
    Sign_3_001.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

porthole

Retired
The SS Bighorn is launched amongst great fanfare, maybe even rivaling the Titanic launch.

D70_3339.jpg

Unfortunately the SS Bighorn was caught in a storm, took on some water.............

D70_3348.jpg

caught a rogue wave and capsized sending the entire crew into the drink
D70_3349.jpg

As luck would have it, all persons were picked up by the lifeboats just in time as the sharks were starting to circle dah dum, dah dum - dah dah dum

D70_3350.jpg

And to top it off, our deserving crew took third place in the annual raft contest, yeah team!

porthole

Retired
Sunrise on Chincoteague Island for the annual running of the herd
D70_3357.jpg

Here come the ponies, this is the "north herd" coming to meet up with the "south herd"
D70_3366.jpg

Judy and Calvin said there were more cowboys then ponies
D70_3367.jpg

A handsome young stallion
D70_3376.jpg

with a few battle scars
D70_3385.jpg

And an old mare
D70_3382.jpg

Hey everyone - the cameras are this way!
D70_3404.jpg

Judy and Calvin's very own pony, now 18 years old with her very own foal
D70_3403.jpg

porthole

Retired
Sunset on the last night.
D70_3434.jpg

Molly
D70_3452.jpg

And of course the obligatory parting shot
D70_3485.jpg

Had a great time despite the heat wave and blown out air bags.

Great location and a Great job Judy and Calvin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And before heading out Thursday morning I managed to catch the crabbers down the road and picked up 5 dozen plus Blue Claws for the fire house.

Status
Not open for further replies.