• Number of sites held: 10
  • Site fee: $52.80 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: None
  • Non-Club Member fee: None
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 7/21/2012
  • Potluck time: 6:00 PM

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: cjhicks(click to contact)
Current Attendee List:
Please note that the sites that we have reserved are large Pull-Thru Buddy Sites and you will be Awning to Awning

John and Mary Ann Proto Site 104B
Calvin and Judy Hicks Site 105A

John and Deb Bylinski Site 105B
John and Marsha Turnner Site 106A

Duane and Debbie Clause Site 106B
Eric and Dorthy Van Opstal Site 107A

Glen and Fran Schaaf Site 107B
Jim and Harriet Dahlgren Site 108A

Roger and Janet Burnham Site 108B
Jim and Leslie Pasch Site 109A

Additional Info:
Campground is having a Wet-n-wild Weekend / Bayrunner Raft Race. Check this out on the website.
Should be a lot of fun, some of us are already gearing up for this. Also we are only a short drive from Chincoteague Island, and the Pony Penning is starting (actual swim is Wednesday the 25th) on Saturday July 21,the Southern Herd will be in the pen and on Monday July23 at day break the Northern Herd will be brought down the beach to the pen. This is early enough that you should be able to see running and still get out of camp by 12 noon.
Remember when you call to register, to tell them you are with the HOC group.
If we fill all 10 sites we will receive a 10% discount.

------------------------------

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Congratulations on organizing your first campout and creating your event through the event generator. Thanks for stepping up to give your Heartland friends one more opportunity to enjoy each others company. What you are doing is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Oh, by the way, John and I are on site 105B arriving 7/19 and departing Sunday or Monday. I can't say yet.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Very nice idea! Wish we could commit, but just can't yet. I actually think John and Deb have a shorter drive than mine would be also! North or South, it's a haul either way.

gschaaf

Hi Calvin and Judy
Fran and I are going to try and make it I have to cover for my counterpart in work so I will ck the schedule when we get home from Alabama and I will give ya a call

porthole

Retired
Hi Calvin and Judy

What section are you reserved in?
The Tall Pines website does not list that site fee on any location.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hi Calvin and Judy

Duane, I believe what is on the event post is the tax included version of the site fees. I checked my reservation and it does have the same amount but that includes our uncle (s)!

cjhicks

Duane, We will be in the Purple Section and that is what was charged to us for a Deposit. If we book all 10 sites we will receive a 10% discount. We will call the Campground tomorrow to make sure of the charges
Hi Calvin and Judy

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Congrats on your first campout looks like its turning out to be a great one. We wish we could make it unfortunately family obligations that weekend but we are there in spirit!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We would love to have you guys along! It's been too long since I've scratched Max's back! Hope you can work it into your schedule.

gschaaf

Hey you guys can't go without us we are on site 107B. Coming in on 7/19/ to 7/23. See ya all in VA beach.

cjhicks

Great , We are happy to hear that you will be able to join us, dont forget your bathing suits and be sure to get some squirt guns !!! We have several rafts and a couple of tubes Should be a FUN WEEKEND. Only 3 Sites Left !!!
Hey you guys can't go without us we are on site 107B. Coming in on 7/19/ to 7/23. See ya all in VA beach.

cjhicks

Today We took a ride down to Tall Pines Harbor Campground the site of our Camp-Out. We met one of the owners and took a look around . They have taken a old run down Campground and turned it into a very nice Campground. We first met the owners at Willow Tree in SC a couple of years ago and they told us that they had bought a Campground and were going to fix it up. The Campground is Gated and the Welcome Center looks a lot like Willow Tree's. the sites are large and clean. There are 2 Fishing Piers , a Sandy Beach and a pool. They have Golf Cart Rentals. They have horses and ponys on site with pony rides for the kids. There Calendar of Events for 2012 include 31 different Theme Weekends one of which is the Wet-n-Wild / Bayrunner Raft Race Weekend and they told us to let everyone that is attending our camp-out that weekend to be sure to bring Water Guns and a Supply of Water Ballons and if we enter the Raft Race our raft should have a "Heartland Theme or a Heartland Flag" it should be a lot of FUN !!

Last edited:

Jim-n-Leslie

Leslie and I are set to attend this gathering. We will arrive on 19 July and depart on 23 July. We are set up on site RF9A, but Barbra at the campground said she is working to move us to the same site location as the others in the group. We can't wait!
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.