New 3685

stevebotts

We arrived in Elkhart at Great Lakes RV today to pick up our new 3685 Bighorn. Immediately I noticed dents in the vinyl floor between the stove/fridge and the island where the slide out has come in. The service manager here called Heartland and she says they told her this was just "normal" for these large slides. Has anyone had this problem, was it "normal" or was it resolved. I can't believe this is not a design flaw that Heartland should be able to solve.

tcfake613

Hi Steve,

Yes I have the same problem on my new 3685. It aggravates the living daylights out of me. I have found a way to adjust the slides but have not had the chance to try it yet. If you let the slides out for a while, the dents come out. Mine did completely. Right now, I've cut two long strips of 1/8" pegboard and put them under the slide when it is in. This prevents the dents until I get some time to do the adjustment.

Sorry if I sound picky, but these dents should not be considered normal and acceptable.

Other thing I've noticed is I have a few areas where there is 'stuff' under the carpet and vinyl. Looks like they laid the carpet and vinyl over top of whatever was on the floor and did not attempt to sweep up the debris first. I've managed to work some of the lumps out from under the carpet but have no idea how to do it under the vinyl.

stevebotts

Thanks. My wife stepped on a staple sticking up out of the carpet on the step. Will keep you posted on any other issues. We are living full time in this RV so we should get all the bugs worked out rapidly. Let me know if you have other issues also.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We get dents in the floor of our 3585rl but after the slide has been out a while the dents disappear. Hopefully yours will as well.

Peace
Dave

Dixiedeer

We arrived at Camping World in Roanoke VA to pick up our special ordered Bighorn 3685 on April 26th 2012. After a few minutes inside our unit during the PDI, I noticed the dent at the rear of the unit in front of the sofa. We ordered the 3685 with minimal carper and maximum vinyl. So, the recliners set on vinyl. I notice a small chip under one of the recliners. I moved the recliners out to find several dimples on the floor made from the recliners and a torn spot on the vinyl. I talked the tech that did the PDI and he said that there was also dimples beside the sink and stove. He adjusted the slide before we picked up the unit and they went away. I truly feel that the vinyl is too soft for this unit. the warranty manager at Camping World called Heartland and we were told that would replace the vinyl. However, they could not warranty this from happening again since the recliners set on the vinyl. They gave us the choice of an new vinyl floor or carpet in rear area. Since we already have most of the summer camping trips booked already, Camping World said we can bring it back at the end of the season to have the carpet installed. ;) This was not big deal at all for them and they worked with us in this. I wish Heartland would consider moving to a harder vinyl that had a wood grain look like wood floors. I think this would finish this unit off nicely. We stopped at Jelly Stone in Natrual Bridge on the way home for two nights and the only other issued we discovered was screws sticking up through the carpet on the steps. Cheap carpet I think. Love love love the 6 Point leveling system. The surround system would be nicer if the spekers we inside the slide behind the sofa. You don't get the surround effect unless you stand up.