Heartland fifth Wheel Heights Question

Pappy

Does anyone know if all 10" I Beam Heartland fifth wheels (BC & BH) are the same heights from the ground to the Pin when level or do they vary? I have seen a few post about keeping the trailer level when towing and know that the Tow vehicles vary in height and was wondering if the fifth wheels do to (BC vs Horn) or if they are all the same when level assuming stock tires etc...Thank you..

Last edited:

rick_debbie_gallant

I believe that most pin boxes and hitches are adjustable so that the trailer will be level when going down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pappy, Rick is right. The pin box on the trailer and most hitches are adjustable for height. While towing level is important, you also need proper clearance between the trailer and truck bed. Trucks with higher profiles might be problematic. To answer your question, I say yes, most BC & BH are very close to the same height or distance from the ground when leaving the factory.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I've found most Heartlands OEM pin heights are 48", + or -2". If your Fords height is like mine adjusting the pin box won't make your RV level with proper clearances at the bed rail. I raised our 5er 3" and I'm still one inch nose height.

jpdoggett

Pappy the 20's are not going to help and the 4x4 makes your ride taller also, My 2005 F-350 is two wheel drive and has 17's on it and it rides almost level

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pappy the 20's are not going to help and the 4x4 makes your ride taller also, My 2005 F-350 is two wheel drive and has 17's on it and it rides almost level

I notice he had 20"s but I guess I was assuming the OD of the tires were still in the range of "normal" and they were using a lower profile tire. If they have tall tires it's gonna be more of an issue for sure.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I notice he had 20"s but I guess I was assuming the OD of the tires were still in the range of "normal" and they were using a lower profile tire. If they have tall tires it's gonna be more of an issue for sure.

I measured the tire heights at the dealer before buying my Ford. The 20"s tires are only 1/2" taller than the 18"s.