ATF: Bighorn - Undermount Sink Sinking!

BRANDYKRN

Soo00o, we have a 2012 Bighorn Silverado that we have had nothing but problems with since we brought it home. We thought we finally had everything fixed, which is ironic anyway to have to "fix" broken things on a brand new RV. Well, today I finally saw why the cabinet under the sink was always wet even though we couldn't find a leak in the pluming. the under mount sink has fallen in on the front.I investigated and could not find any clips holding the sink in on the front. I call my dealership where the service guy told me it needed to be re glued in. I asked if they had the missing clips (I've mounted sinks before, I can do it again). He said heartland doesn't use clips, they just use glue to mount it. Well, since the glue didn't work the first time, I don't want to just glue it back in and have it fall again. I believe it needs clips. So I took a closer look under the sink with a bright light, and saw clips on the back side of the sink. So, frustrated that the service guy doesn't seem to know what he is talking about, and that it looks like I will have to spent my day off remounting this sink.
How many owners out there had clips missing from their sinks? I'm thinking the guys at the heartland factory need a lesson on sink installation, as well as heating duct installation, and how to level a slide. *sigh*

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Hi Brandykryn... Welcome to the forum.

I did not have any missing clips, but after our last trip, I noticed the sink was loose and had dropped down about 3/4 to an inch. Not too surprizeing when you consider we traveled on a lot of dirt roads in the mountains with the sink covers in place (they are pretty heavy) and a lot of bounceing and vibration. I took the opportunity to run a nice bead of tub and sink caulk around the top of the sink and then tightened up the clips. After wipeing off the excess caulk, it looks great. It is nice and secure and I will make sure I don't travel with the covers on the sink, that is a lot of weight bounceing up and down on the sink. Total time to do the job was about an hour.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service and ask them to send you more clips. Have your VIN# handy. You should call your dealer and tell them they need a lesson on how HL installs sinks.

Brent, BTW, I never thought about the heavy sink covers. After all these things are a rolling earthquake.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's been a fairly common problem, missing the front clips or even all of them. I had to get mine from Heartland. The holes for the front clips were there, just no clips. I also ran a bead of clear silicone around the perimeter where the sink meets the counter, as you're looking at it.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When we had our Bighorn we put our coffee pot in the sink when traveling but after knocking the sink loose we figured out the problem and tightened up the clips, clear siliconed the sink again and all was well.