Mouse Free Spray

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I posed a question to the company about the dryness of the sprayed on film and got this reply.

Question:
Does the product, once sprayed onto the trailer, remain a liquid or oily film, or does it dry to the touch? I would be concerned about it remaining liquid, or semi-liquid, and collecting road and/or blown dust/dirt.

Reply:
In reply to your question. The product is a lubricant and is the same consistency manufacturers recommend as a slide out and jack lubricant. It does not dry, its remains wet to the touch. A little dust usually ends up in the coating. It has been designed with this in mind - it actually becomes a part of the base product. Any dust or debris does not hinder the effectiveness of the Mouse Free coating to work.

So, bottom line (sorta) is that if you apply this material to the frame and other areas, it will remain "wet." The question is how often do you run your hands over those areas, like the frame? Personally, I can't say very often in my case. So, I might have to be the forum guinea pig and order some and beat my 3-gallon air nailer compressor to death to apply it. If you order 2 gallons, they toss in the spray gun for it.

I just hope Mickey and Minnie don't find out what I'm doing to their cousins since we'll be visiting them in the fall.

hriker

We purchased and applied the mouse-free product last fall. It does remain wet to the touch. Mowing the lawn we got dust on it and it still remained slippery. I applied it wearing a respirator as it smells like menthol and is a little intense during application. However, after a few hours you don't even smell anything. Most importantly, we had no furry visitors this past winter.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We purchased and applied the mouse-free product last fall. It does remain wet to the touch. Mowing the lawn we got dust on it and it still remained slippery. I applied it wearing a respirator as it smells like menthol and is a little intense during application. However, after a few hours you don't even smell anything. Most importantly, we had no furry visitors this past winter.

Sweet! So I don't have to sleep in wood chips after all. I did place an order for 2 gallons and the free sprayer a little while ago.

hriker

I used about 1.5 gallons on an approximately 40' rig. And it took maybe an hour and half to apply.

CliffP

We are also thinking about giving it a try. John and Harry, how much did it cost you? Harry, are you going to keep using it then?

hriker

Cliff:

I paid $200 for 2 gallons and received the free sprayer and shipping. We believe the product worked as advertised. We live in a rural area and have lots of mice and chipmunks which can be a problem. I observed throughout the winter and didn't see any chipmunks near our 5er and had no visitors. I applied the product in October and it's still very much on the RV frame. (I did do all the hole plugging as recommended by many on this forum though.) To answer your question, I believe I will apply the remainder of the product I have to the frame and then see how things go. There are a couple reasons I will not continue to apply. Our fiver is currently in our driveway - it does mist when applying and get on the surface below the RV. It did wash away easily but we hope to begin to full-time this January or February, so we're not sure where we could be parked and apply the mouse-free. We're thinking the RV parks will not be so happy if I got the product on the ground there. Also, we are now living in the fiver so we hope our 2 living mouse traps will keep any critters at bay. If not we may try to figure out a way to start using it again.

lwmcguir

Cliff:

I paid $200 for 2 gallons and received the free sprayer and shipping. We believe the product worked as advertised. We live in a rural area and have lots of mice and chipmunks which can be a problem. I observed throughout the winter and didn't see any chipmunks near our 5er and had no visitors. I applied the product in October and it's still very much on the RV frame. (I did do all the hole plugging as recommended by many on this forum though.) To answer your question, I believe I will apply the remainder of the product I have to the frame and then see how things go. There are a couple reasons I will not continue to apply. Our fiver is currently in our driveway - it does mist when applying and get on the surface below the RV. It did wash away easily but we hope to begin to full-time this January or February, so we're not sure where we could be parked and apply the mouse-free. We're thinking the RV parks will not be so happy if I got the product on the ground there. Also, we are now living in the fiver so we hope our 2 living mouse traps will keep any critters at bay. If not we may try to figure out a way to start using it again.
You can purchase a spray can at a JD dealer if you want to try it.