Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: r-pod vs MPG?

1. Print this Post   #1

r-pod vs MPG?

Newbie here. Looking at both. Haven't seen the MPG and not crazy that they don't make them anymore, but I like the larger 15" wheels, diamond plate up front, and front and rear windows. Anyone have experience with both? Thanks,
    Billy

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: r-pod vs MPG?

Hi Billy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Don't know about the the r-pod, but the MPG is well built and customer service by Heartland RVs is the best. Besides that, you would make great friends and get lots of support here on the Heartland Owners Forum.

Jim M
    Jim and Bette
    04 GMC CC Dually D/A, MaxBrake, Riderights
    09 Bighorn 3670RL #9E011439
    HOC #1003
    Heartland Owners Club Information
    Branson 08 site #123
    Goshen 09 Rally site #425
    Nashville 10, site #P4
    Goshen 11 Rally site #425
    Gillette 12 Rally site #48E

3. Print this Post   #3

We looked at the rPod and MPG and like both; however, we did like some of the features offered on the MPG, like the 15" wheels, the larger hitch (2-5/16" VS 2"), and the black water flush. Additionally, the ground clearance is higher on the MPG.

I don't think you will go wrong with either.
    Best Regards,......Marc & Joan; and Tucker too! (our yellow lab)
    2011 Heartland MPG-181
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder
    USMC 69-73
    God Bless all our Men & Women in Uniform

4. Print this Post   #4

Thanks Marc and Jim,
    Just sold my trusty Jayco Baja pop up, so I'll decide between the 2 within the next week or so. I like the same features as you Jim. I usually camp in back country sites, so the increased ground clearance is definitely a plus! Just wish they made a model without air con and the microwave. Usually our only source of power is the Deep cycle battery and maybe a solar charger.
    I'll post back when I'm an owner.
    Best,
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
    We looked at the rPod and MPG and like both; however, we did like some of the features offered on the MPG, like the 15" wheels, the larger hitch (2-5/16" VS 2"), and the black water flush. Additionally, the ground clearance is higher on the MPG.

I don't think you will go wrong with either.

5. Print this Post   #5

At the last RV show we attended there were a couple of R-Pods, and none of them had microwaves. Whether they are installed at the time of sale, or whether they are an option I don't know. I would imagine that a dealer would remove the microwave and/or air conditioner and adjust the price if you asked. I'm not sure that it would be worth it, though. Microwaves are ~$100 (or less). That would give you additional storage space and save a bit of weight. The a/c would be more work to remove and put a vent or something in the hole, so you might not save much money there, either, but you would certainly save some weight. Selling the camper later on would be a problem, though.
    David, kb0zke

2011 mpg 181 (sold)
    1993 Foretravel U300 40'

2011 Goshen Rally
    2011 MO Chapter Rally, Branson

6. Print this Post   #6

Quote Originally Posted by bigmaho View Post
    Newbie here. Looking at both. Haven't seen the MPG and not crazy that they don't make them anymore, but I like the larger 15" wheels, diamond plate up front, and front and rear windows. Anyone have experience with both? Thanks,
    Billy
    I've never heard that they aren't making the MPG anymore. I know that they're not making the Edge. The MPG has new models coming out too.
    Peter and Liane

7. Print this Post   #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeternLiane View Post
    I've never heard that they aren't making the MPG anymore. I know that they're not making the Edge. The MPG has new models coming out too.

Peter and Liane, do you mean there will be new different MPG models? Do you know where there's more info on that?

8. Print this Post   #8

Good question! Earlier this year Heartland announced that they were "suspending" production of the mpg, but didn't say that they would no longer make it. The mpg is still listed in the line-up, but the Edge is not. We always get lots of interest in our 181, so maybe the suspension was only a temporary one while they let inventories go down a bit, or the line was used to build another name. I suspect a call to the factory would answer the question.
    David, kb0zke

2011 mpg 181 (sold)
    1993 Foretravel U300 40'

2011 Goshen Rally
    2011 MO Chapter Rally, Branson

9. Print this Post   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Elidh View Post
    Peter and Liane, do you mean there will be new different MPG models? Do you know where there's more info on that?
    There are new MPG models out this year. I've seen a bunch of new MPG's on the road this year. So people are buying them. The Heartland website has the new models listed.
    Peter and Liane

10. Print this Post   #10
    North Trail Product Manager Mcreech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeternLiane View Post

I j ust wanted to clarify for everyone, Heartland stopped production of both the Edge and MPG last year and as of today, we are still not producing either one. Now this doesnt mean we wont start them up again in the future but for right now and at least the next 6 months, Heartland will not be building either of those models. Now let me point out if anyone is planning on buying either of these brands, either from a dealer or a private individual we still provide warranty and parts....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast