Cloth/tarp type covering on underbelly"Q"

eddylives

During the mods to our new trailer ,a 2012 north country trail runner 26FQB , I had to punch a hole through the front compatment floor to gain acess the batterys for an invertor.
There is a tarp type material like a wovem material under the trailer that I had to cut a small hole in.
I was wondering if anyone has a method to seal around the wires again...to guard against bugs and mice finding their way in hehe.
My old trailer was easy as it is sheeted in with tin so some putty stuffed in worked well but this other type covering has me stumped right now.
So are there any ideas out there?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My first choice would be lots of caulk. If you have a larger hole you could use Gorilla Tape or Tarp Tape.

Peace
Dave

rick_debbie_gallant

Try and clean it up andnperhaps use gorilla tape. Or how about some old fashion fibreglass cloth and resin.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Red Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There is actually some tape that resembles the same material, try doing a search for "underbelly seal" or "underbelly tape". I cut some of the material when I added a better heat vent to the underbelly area, but I think I used industrial strength duct tape found in the roofing section at Home Depot.

Erika