Tire Size Question

scotty

:confused: I want to replace my China bombs with Goodyear G614s. My 06 BH axle spacing is 33" center-hub-to-center-hub, which only gives me roughly 2-1/4 inches clearance between the wheels. My current tires 235 x 80 x 16 measure approximately 30.5 or so inches in Dia. Depending upon which site I pull up, the Goodyears G614s call out measurements of 30.7:cool: and other sites say 31.7 :(. Would someone with G614s possible provide me with the Dia measurements??? I would be very grateful. I hate to order $1,400.00 worth of tires and them not fit. I know Maxxis has an E rated 235 x 80 x 16 that indicates it's 30.7, however I'd rather go with the G614s since I know my rims are rated for 110 PSI. Thanks in Advance.

lwmcguir

The majority of our G614's appear to be just shy of 31 inches when measured with a tape. They are smaller in diameter than a typical 235.85.16 Great tire even if they are a bit pricey.

scotty

Thanks Ray and Iwmcguir,

That was what I needed to know. I want the G614s, but my spacing is 33-inches between tires compared to most others which are closer to 36-inches. Didn't want to but tires and they not fit. BH is in Florida and I'm in New Jersey. Will be going to Florida to bring BH up here but need tires prior to departing Florida. Not sure a tire place will order and take back if they don't fit. As long as the tires measure just under 31 I think I'm safe.