Lippert Axles

cmart

Purchsed a new 2008 Bighorn 3055RL from River City RV in N. Little Rock, AR on 30 May 07 and I returned it to the dealer on 5 June for tracking/axle problems. The right front tire extends 2" farther out than the right rear tire plus it tracks terrible. The left rear of the unit is kinda in the left lane and the front of the unit is in the right lane. Its now 9 Jul 07 and its still in the shop waiting for a axle although I was told by Chris at Heartland would send this axles out immediately (this conv was on 28 June 07). Talked to Svc Mgr today and he still waiting on the axle. Have any of you had problems of this sort, and any suggestions on what I should do?????

Disgusted. :mad:

Uncle Rog

You might want to check back with Chris and see if the dealer actually has even contacted them for the part(s). He has always been pretty honest with me, not so with the dealer.....

Pulltab

I had a similar issue with my Fleetwood due to Lippert axle alignment. It dog tracked BAD. Truck centered in lane, left back end of trailer over centerline. They came to the dealer to fix it. It was better but still not straight. Don't own it anymore and my Heartland tracks straight so that makes me happy. Doesn't help you. Don't know what would take so long. They cut mine off and rewelded in 4 hours and it is hard to believe Lippert doesn't have any axles laying around. I would voice a little stronger opinion about getting it fixed.

jbeletti

cmart,

With Heartland having to work with the axle mfr. and the mfr having to process the order, skid it and ship it, plus with the holiday in there plus with most of the RV industry in Elkhart on vacation the week of 4th of July (news to me but it's true), I'd be surprised it it arrived by now.

Not that this explanation would make you or anyone happy, but it's likely closer to what the case really is.

What should you do? What can you do really? Only two things come to mind and in order:

1. Be patient considering the above logistical matters

2. Contact your contact at Heartland to ask them to verify with the axle mfr, the date of shipment.

Once you know when it shipped, figure a week for transit plus whatever time your dealer has committed to you for the swap.

Sorry that you've had this trouble and I know it's hard to be happy when you have yet to even use your trailer, but try to look toward a future of lots of happy camping.

Jim

cmart

**POST DELETED** as not constructive.

Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
I have been in contact with Lippert and apparently when we placed the order with them it was to be sent out on 6-27-07 and due to their inventory it didn't get shipped out. They are sending the axle out today 7-10-07 Next Day Air to the dealer and I called Don to advise him of that. As soon as they get the axle they are going to install it and get the unit back in your possession so you can enjoy and camp as it is intended. Sorry for the delay and I appreciate your patience in this matter. "On behalf of Lippert and Heartland - I apologize..." Jim Fenner Heartland Customer Service

cmart

Picked up my 3055 from the dealer after axle repairs on 13 Jul and it seems to be a little off but at least all four trailer wheels are in the same lane as the TV. I've taken it back for some minor warranty work, but I'm happy, must of sold at least two of these units while camping, everyone who came by was just in awe at the inside beauty and the outside storage. And yes Jim, I did sit under that shade tree, drink a cold one,admired my new toy, and everything was okay. AND, Don the svc mgr is doing me a good job at the dealership. :)

christianson

I had The same problem with 07 3055 mine worked fine when I first got it I went back into a parking place on cement real hard left turn heard a loud bang metalic noise checked everything couldnt see any thing broke but I think it slid on spring perchs it was about 2 inchs off so went back to a hard surface parking lot backed up to a hard turn to the right seams to be tracking OK now but mite not be able to back in tite turns without wheels turning.