Good News - Bad News (weather)

Lance & Jo

Well the good news is we have arrived at the Lava Beds National Park in northern California which means we are about 2/3 of the way from La Paz to our most northern point just north of Vancouver Ca. We are in a nice little RV park, very accomodating and quiet with easy access to the park itself. The bad news is that it's snowing! The ground is a little warm for it to stick but the outside temp is still a lot lower than the 85-90 days we were used to in La Paz. Am begining to wonder if we have this thing pointed in the right direction.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Re: Good News - Bad News

Well we would treat it real neighborly of you if you would kindly leave that white stuff behind you if you should come MN way!

Lance & Jo

Well looks like Missoula will be the turning point to start hading back south to La Paz for the winter but I know I can count on your support as the local chapter leader to arrange the weather for us. By the way had a warming trend here and snow stopped to be followed by rain, but now have hail, enough to make the ground white!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

What? You don't like our May weather? We are in Klamath Falls just north of you. You will come right through here on hwy 97 as you head north. If you plan to stay on 97 and go over to I5 on hwy 58, be prepared for construction and possible tunnel closures. Going to I5 on hwy 140 at Klamath Falls would be a better choice. If you are staying on 97, watch out for our BIG deer, but we have lots of little ones too that can ruin your day. Going through the Columbia Gorge towards Portland, then over the bridge to Vancouver is pretty, but can be really windy sometimes. Enjoy your stay in our area and the weather is supposed to warm up as the week goes on.Kristy

Lance & Jo

Morning Kristy, thanks for info. Heading to Ashland today but will wave as we go by.
Lance