HOLDING TANK CLEANING SERVICE?? - Gillette, WY

jbeletti

Hello Gillette Rally Attendees,

I've created this thread to simply gauge whether there's enough interest in this service (All Pro Water-Flow) to warrant asking this vendor to join the rally.

Essentially, what they do is holding tank cleaning, using high pressure water. Their goal being to really get those tanks cleaned out and restore the tank level monitors to good readings (if that's possible).

Their rally special rate is $175. That gets 3 holding tanks cleaned. Fourth tanks are $50 more. If you have a tank that's actually not draining (blocked) - that's more too.

So, this is nothing Heartland is offering or sanctioning - just a service that the rally that follows ours is offering and I wondered if any Heartlanders had an interest.

Like washing your own RV, cleaning your own carpets etc., this too is something one can do on their own with the right equipment. Still, who really wants to do this job? :) Not me!

No obligations but please weigh in if you are interested in having this done.

Last edited:

jbeletti

I agree Jim - not cheap. It's pretty labor intensive to clean 3 tanks, so it's probably "right-priced". One just has to decide if they really need this and want to let go of the cash to have it done.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
It's nothing that I would be interested in at this time but thanks for looking into it for us.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
It is an intresting option. I was thinking about it but only problem it would turn out to be in the same condition after a short period of time.

I would be intrested in knowing the inside condition of my tanks. I might be intrested in the installation of a dependable gage system installation, but I don't know of a system that would be dependable.

When the water in the Gray tank comes up into the sink (about 1 week of use) and the Black tank starts to Blurp and spit water upward (after about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks) I know it is time to dump. However I dump every time I travel to eliminate weight.

BC

Birchwood

After two years of full timing we had to have our black tank replaced because of a leak on
the upper corner.I was involved with the removal and replacement of the new tank.
The leaking tank we removed was very heavy compared to the new one.I was very surprised
by the (I guess) buildup of sludge on the walls of the old tank.If you think your tank is clean
after dumping think again !It may be a good idea to have your tanks pressure washed after
so many years of use.The extra weight caused by sludge buildup could cause problems .
Again,we are fulltimers so it may not be a concern for everyone.

jbeletti

Sounds like a bunch of NOs and 1 MAYBE so far.

I'll let this run another day before I pull the plug on it.

If anyone is a YES, I need to hear from you!

jbeletti

Okay - I heard back from this service provider and he wants to take the business risk of coming to the rally. So I've given him a table in the rally hall. If he gets any signups - awesome. If not, at least he'll have a chance to educate RVers on how he cleans the tanks, things he's come across in his work and tips that may help you. If a slot opens up, we may give him a few minutes on stage to speak about his service.

The agendas are already printed, so All Pro Water-Flow will appear in the Agenda Errata sheet in each rally packet.