EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Hattiesburg - 10/18/2012 to 10/21/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Hi Ron and Ann. Glad to hear you will be joining us for our Fall Rally. I added your names to the attendees list yesterday, but was having trouble with it due to low signal. Should be good now. Look for an email from me when it is time to make your reservation. Won't be long and we are looking forward to a great Rally. Hogan

rsheedy

Bobby & Peggy Sheedy
Hogan, Peggy and I are planning on attending the Fall Rally, it was a tough decission as it is the same weekend and my 50th high school reunion.

hogan

Hogan, Peggy and I are planning on attending the Fall Rally, it was a tough decission as it is the same weekend and my 50th high school reunion.
Bobby, so good to hear that you and Peggy will be at the Rally. And I appreciate you giving up your 50th reunion to be at the Rally. Where would the reunion be?

hogan

Heh Folks, the new Grandparents have been added to the Fall Rally list. Wayne and Nita Cooper from Alabama have been added to the attendees list. Sorry it took me a couple of days Nita, but I could not figure out how to edit on my tablet. Got home today to a real puter. Maybe yall can bring that youngun down for his first campout.

GETnBYE

Please add Wayne and Nita to the list.

Well, there goes the neighborhood ;)[/QUOTE]

Yep, we plan to come down there and stir up some FUN.
Hogan, I doubt we will have the new grandbaby with us, and Wayne will be a basket case not getting to see him for a few days, but he is usually a basket case anyway. Look forward to seeing everyone.
Nita

hogan

ATTENTION AlaMissiBamaSippi Heartlanders-I have been trying to get this posted for everyone and having very poor internet coverage here so here's hoping it gets out. I will also send to each one by PM. 601-582-7721 is the number to call to make your reservation or you can do it online using the Reserveamerica link. Better do it right away to assure a good site.---------- Forwarded message ----------From: "Hogan Cooper" Date: Aug 16, 2012 5:39 AMSubject: Paul B. Johnson ReservationsTo: "Hogan Cooper" Hello AlaMissiBamaSippi Heartlanders and our wonderful visiting friends,It is time to make our reservations for our Fall Rally at Paul B. Johnson State Park near Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The dates for the Rally are October 18 through October 21st but we expect several folks to arrive a few days early. Donna and I plan to arrive on Monday, October 15th. I had hoped to have a block of sites held for our group but the Mississippi State Parks authorities would not commit to that. They are happy to have our group visiting and have advised if we make our reservations now, we should be able to have our rigs in close proximity.I have reviewed the available sites with full hookups and put together a list of sites for us to choose from. These are in two loops that are adjacent. New Campground sites are 112,113,114,115,116,120,121,122,123,124, and 125Straight-Away Campground sites are 73.74,77,79,80,82,83, and 84If needed there are additional sites in Straight-Away to choose from.Click on the link below to see the details on each site or you can choose to view the sites in a map configuration. You can enter the dates you plan to spend in the park to check availability for the sites. http://mississippistateparks.reserv....do?contractCode=MS&parkId=156846&startIdx=75

Gizzy

Hogan,
Just completed reservations for site # 120, arriving Thur (18) and departing Mon (22). Lily and I are really looking forward to it. We just got home yesterday from our 2 month trip to the Northeast and back. Still unpacking stuff. Time to catch up on stuff that needs doin' around the house. See ya soon.

navyAZ1

Well Ann and I wanted to make our reservations, but after looking at their cancellation policy I don't think we will make the reservation. Our schedule is to much up in the air to adhere to their cancellation policy. Their policy states that if you cancel 14 days or more prior to arrival they keep $10 and issue a voucher to be used at the park sometime within the next 12 months rather than refund your money, the odds of us ever using this voucher are pretty slim. If you cancel 13 days or less prior to your arrival you forfeit 50% and receive a voucher for the balance again to be used in the next 12 months. If we were from the area I'd probably do this but since we live 400 miles or more from this park I just can't see taking that chance in case we need to cancel. I know this sounds like I'm a cheapskate but I just can't see giving this money away. Sorry, hope y'all have a great time!

Ron

hogan

Well Ann and I wanted to make our reservations, but after looking at their cancellation policy I don't think we will make the reservation. Our schedule is to much up in the air to adhere to their cancellation policy. Their policy states that if you cancel 14 days or more prior to arrival they keep $10 and issue a voucher to be used at the park sometime within the next 12 months rather than refund your money, the odds of us ever using this voucher are pretty slim. If you cancel 13 days or less prior to your arrival you forfeit 50% and receive a voucher for the balance again to be used in the next 12 months. If we were from the area I'd probably do this but since we live 400 miles or more from this park I just can't see taking that chance in case we need to cancel. I know this sounds like I'm a cheapskate but I just can't see giving this money away. Sorry, hope y'all have a great time!Ron
I am so sorry. I don't like Mississippi State Park cancellation policy either and with your permission will use your comments in making my case with them. But, please consider coming anyway. Not sure a reservation will be needed and I called one day prior to my last visit there. I will keep you informed on availability.We would love to have y'all so email me at ahcooperii@gmail.comHogan

navyAZ1

I am so sorry. I don't like Mississippi State Park cancellation policy either and with your permission will use your comments in making my case with them. But, please consider coming anyway. Not sure a reservation will be needed and I called one day prior to my last visit there. I will keep you informed on availability.We would love to have y'all so email me at ahcooperii@gmail.comHogan

Thanks Hogan, we will keep this on our calander and if things work out the way we hope we will be there if there is a space available for us. We should know if we can make it about 1 to 2 weeks in advance.

See Ya,

Ron

hogan

Thats great Ron. We hope it works out. Will stay in touch. Thanks Pat and Wyndy for passing along your reservation info.

hogan

Good to know. That will improve the neigborhood. Hope the hurricane passes by the campground without leaving tracks. I will be monitoring.

hogan

If any of you south Mississippi and south Alabama folks need to run for the hills; come on up to Tupelo. We will put you up at our place or go camping with you.

hogan

Denny and Ann Olvany will be with us at the Fall Rally next month. Look forward to seeing them again. I got an email from John Whitney; He and Noelle have moved to Houston, Tx and will not be with us.
Enjoy your Labor Day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.