How do I look up a member, if I have their HOC number?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi all, For some reason I can't open the owners club directory at the drop down on the forum home page.
I think it just started fairly recently, because I always could before. It goes to an error page. Says there is no data there.

Specifically, I saw an owners club placque and I'm trying to find out who it was.

I was wondering if something was changed recently, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Trace

Sorry about the misspelled title, my keyboard hiccuped.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Re: How do I look up a memeber, if I have their HOC number?

Try saving the file first to your desktop and then open it with Excel or Open Office. I just tried it and it worked fine.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

If you open in Excel you can then sort by 'Member Number'. If you didn't know that.
It will be easier to find that way.

Peace
Dave

TandT

Thank guys. I tried saving it and it doesn't work either.

I have a one year old computer with Windows 7, but apparently I don't have Office , or Excel.

As I said, it worked for me previously, but it doesn't now. I'll have to look into getting one of those programs. Trace

danemayer

If you just want to open a Word or Excel document once in a while, Open Office might do the job for you. It's free.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

Thank guys. I tried saving it and it doesn't work either. I have a one year old computer with Windows 7, but apparently I don't have Office , or Excel. As I said, it worked for me previously, but it doesn't now. I'll have to look into getting one of those programs. Trace

You could always give us a range of member numbers (e.g. 1230 - 1300) and we can copy/paste a list for you and send in a PM.

TandT

Thank you Dan, my computer is being hard to get along with. It said there was a flaw in that Excel link .

Steve, That will work. It is in the 1701-1725 range. Thanks, Trace

jbeletti

Trace,

The file, if you do get it downloaded, is a CSV (comma separated value) file. This is fancy speak for it being a very simple text file that has each field of data separated by a comma.

If you can get it saved, then use Notepad to open the file.

Then from nearly any Windows program, Notepad likely included, do a CTRL-F. This is usually a Find command. Type the member number in the Find box and hit Enter. Viola! Maybe :)

TandT

Jim,

I can't pull a current copy for some reason.

However, I searched around in my documents and I already had a copy from earlier this year.

Had it all along.........brain fade. :eek:

Trace

jbeletti

Trace - bring your laptop into the rally hall in Gillette and I will see if I can figure it out for you.