Looking at Purchasing North Trail

marte48

Looking at 26rlss, it's just over 30", anyone see problem camping in national parks out west??? Also, new to the brand, how's overall quality? We've been looking at RV's for several years and Heartland seems to offer a lot for the money.

jimtoo

Hi marte48,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Heartland offers the best in customer service and help if you do have a problem.

Enjoy the forum and I did start a new thread for you.

Jim M

berky

I say go for it. But then I'm prejudiced, having just taken delivery on a 26LRSS at the end of March. All kidding aside, I couldn't be happier. The NT 26LRSS has turned out to be everything I saw in it at the RV show, maybe more. My sense is that NT is right at the top of the class, at least in mid-size TT's.

As for your concern about length, I live in the East, but we only camp in state and national parks. No crowded RV cities for us. With the 26LRSS, we still can get into pretty much any site of our choosing. I don't know if I could say the same if I had something like a 30 footer (34' overall).

Best of luck with whatever you choose. Let us know how else we can help.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
This is our 2nd North Trail. Quality and service have been great. Has there been a few problems, yes. But Heartland has been there to fix them. Very happy. Good luck in your choice.

pegmikef

We've got about 12k miles on our LRSS26 and love it. We have camped all over Texas, New Mexico, parts of Arizona and southern Colorado and make it a point to stay in National Forests, COE parks, and state parks and have never had a problem getting in them. Some ask the length and I alway tell them 35 feet to make sure they give me a site large enough. I particularly like the pull out rack on the back as it is perfect for carrying both my Honda Generators and my cargo box. We have considered several times moving up to a more luxurious fiver, but then camp in a park where the fiver would not fit. I say go for the NT if that is the kind of camping you like. Ours has basically been problem free, but has required some minor repairs (i.e., cabinet door hinges), but nothing I haven't been able to do myself.

Sumo

Love our NT.
As far a National Parks out West, stay close to 30 ft. and you will be fine.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
Looking at 26rlss, it's just over 30", anyone see problem camping in national parks out west??? Also, new to the brand, how's overall quality? We've been looking at RV's for several years and Heartland seems to offer a lot for the money.
Hi, we have a 24 RBS and it's total length from hitch to rear trailer bumper is 28'8", we do have problems finding big enough campsites sometimes, including our truck that makes us pretty long for the older parks. Although we have got into some smaller spots because the back end can hang over the back stop on the parking place in the campsite.
Overall we like our trailer, my husband likes how easy it is to tow.