Gillette Wyo....Camper Hook ups info

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
For anyone out there that is new to this club, camping or your trailer, like me, I have some information on the National rally in Gillette to share. Was not able to obtain a reasonable answer on "bring enough hose" meant or another response of "it depends"...so for reference I called the cam plex and Barbara was nice enough to explain the camper site set ups. You will back in and may back all the way to the electrical and water panel, which are located in the back of each site. There are no barriers between the rear bumper of your camper and the electrical panel. The sewer hook up is located on the left side of your site, same as your camper sewer hook up and towards the rear. She indicated a 10 foot hose for each hook up is more than what you will need giving a reference from your rear bumper!

Hope this will help out vs trying to guess or ending up short once you get there.

Garry

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
For anyone out there that is new to this club, camping or your trailer, like me, I have some information on the National rally in Gillette to share. Was not able to obtain a reasonable answer on "bring enough hose" meant or another response of "it depends"...so for reference I called the cam plex and Barbara was nice enough to explain the camper site set ups. You will back in and may back all the way to the electrical and water panel, which are located in the back of each site. There are no barriers between the rear bumper of your camper and the electrical panel. The sewer hook up is located on the left side of your site, same as your camper sewer hook up and towards the rear. She indicated a 10 foot hose for each hook up is more than what you will need giving a reference from your rear bumper!

Hope this will help out vs trying to guess or ending up short once you get there.

Garry

Garry, thanks.
I carry about 40 ft with me for any circumstance. (I have had to use all of it)
It's about 25' to the rear of my rig from the sewer valve

I would advise anyone to carry a minimum of 20' JMHO. Trace

Doublegranch

Thanks...I am new to all this, never used a camp site and just purchased my Heartland..This will be my first trip other than bringing it home from the dealer in Iowa to AZ...
I just wanted to know some specifics and the leadership took the easy way out by answering " it depends"....not much help for a newbie... by just having a point of reference, like how far from the back bumper
is of major help as we all know each camper is different size etc....that wasn't the question....that's why I posted this to help
any others out there that are like myself and unable to get a valid response from the planners of this event. This is old hat to you experienced campers and now I will know after
this trip is completed, what to expect...Thanks again for your post.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Being new to all of this you will learn more as you become more experienced.
I like to be prepared for any situation. All campgrounds are different with respect to water hoses, sewer hose and electrical hookups.
You will also quickly learn where all the Walmarts are.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Doublegranch

Dave:

I agree, but last time I was in Gillette it was like 20 years ago and I lived in Casper...nothing in Gillette at that time....hope it's changed..
Garry

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I would have at least 30 feet of sewer line available (have used this much many times) and 50 feet of water hose (2x25ft).

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Garry, I was raised in Midwest, just 42mi northeast of Casper. Graduated from High School there in 1962. I-25 by passes it now but Hwy 87 use to go between Midwest and Edgerton, and to Gillette you had to go through Edgerton. It has changed a lot.

When we started full timing I found a lot of advice on the Escapees Forum.

Here is a few things I have found out that have been beneficial.
Have a 36ft Water hose and you will not need another one. This has been true for me. But I also bought a 15ft just to be sure and have only used it once when I parked in a members driveway. You can get one from the RV Water Filter Store. Hoses are pressure tested up to 200psi, kink free, comes with stainless steel or brass fittings.

Have a Water Regulator. I suggest a Watts Brass Model N55BG Adjustable Regulator, 2" diameter 0-160 all stainless oil filled gauge, 6-9 gpm.

And as stated above a surge protector and Progressive is one I would buy. I have a Surge Guard. It has worked for me but it is lacking in information available about the electric service.

I just bought a 15ft Rino Sewer hose with 5ft extension and a sewer hose support from Amazon.com. I changed out the 5ft extension to be 10ft.

BC

Doublegranch

TXBobcat:
Hey, thanks for the info..I picked up a water pressure regulator from the dealer when I picked up the camper. I have two white water hose for drinking, that are 10feet each, so may need another one...Walmart had the best prices on these hoses...Not sure how long the sewer hose is as I have not taken it out of the back bumper yet. On the surge protector, I saw two different kinds at camper world, one you plug your camper into and the other you have to hard wire. Not sure which is best, it appears the hard wire offers more information, but really don't know that for sure. Maybe you can give me some info in that area as well.. Perhaps we will meet in Gillette. I go back to Casper a few times a year. My best friend and his wife live there. Perhaps you know the last name of Clapp...Larry's family has been there all their lives. His older brother Bill Clapp you might know, he is now a Dr in Minn...Larry is a big time attorney in wyo and just getting ready to retire. They are interested in the same unit I purchased...Thanks again. Garry