Warm water from cold faucet in bathroom

funntheson

I have had this checked by my dealer (when my warranty was still valid), and they claimed they couldn't get the issue to repeat itself, but when I am out with my trailer and want cold water in the bathroom sink, I get lukewarm water. The temperature outside doesn't seem to have an impact.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you.
Larry

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have had this checked by my dealer (when my warranty was still valid), and they claimed they couldn't get the issue to repeat itself, but when I am out with my trailer and want cold water in the bathroom sink, I get lukewarm water. The temperature outside doesn't seem to have an impact.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you.
Larry

One item that seems to crop up repeatedly is the outside shower valves. Make sure they're not open and the button on the handle isn't depressed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Also be sure that the inside shower handles are turned off.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TXTiger

Check that the hot and cold connections are not reversed. When I was a kid my dad replaced a bathroom faucet in our house and installed the hot and cold in reverse so we got hot on the cold side and cold on the hot side. We all laughed for days until he fixed it.

Rickhansen

You don't mention how long this persists. Does this last only for a minute when you let the water run or does it cool down after it runs?

The lavatory sink is the closest to the utility area (behind the wall). The residual heat from the hot water heater, furnace, etc. will warm the pipe and the water in the line, but it would cool down pretty quickly. When the water flows to faucets further from this area, it would be cooled by the cooler pipes as it flow through them.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
One item that seems to crop up repeatedly is the outside shower valves. Make sure they're not open and the button on the handle isn't depressed.

I'd say the best bet is the above^
A slight leaking, or open HW/CW outside water valve can cause this.

funntheson

There is no open shower valve. I will check let the water run longer next time I'm out to see if it eventually cools. I will also check to verify that that the lines are not reversed.

Bobby A

I've noticed that if the sun is shining on the off door side where the white hose is connected to the water supply the sun will heat up the hose/water in the line. I just run the cold water for a minute and then cold water will arrive after the water has been flushed from the line.

funntheson

Mine seems to start off cool, then get warm, but I haven't let it run for a long time. I am usually just washing my hands, or brushing my teeth.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I think if you let the water run for awhile you'll see that it starts out cool from the water in the lines that is inside the trailer or outside in the shade, then it warms from the water in the lines in the hot sunlight, and then it will cool off again with water from the tap.