Looking for CGs in Montana, Washington and Oregon

rcharmon

We are now retired.Live in Indiana.Will be traveling thru Montana Oregon and Washington.Would like to know about some good campgrounds.We have a 2900 mk Sundance.

jimtoo

Re: Russ&Cara

Hi rcharmon, Russ and Cara,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You will be seeing some beautiful country on your travels in your Sundance. I'm sure some of our Heartland family will jump in soon with some recomendatins for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

branson4020

Icantre Member

Any idea what parts of Oregon? There's a lot of great state parks, as well as some terrific private RV parks.

rcharmon

Don't really know, this will be our first trip west with rv, we more or less just want to meander and see this great country.

Rrloren

There are a number of nice CG's in Mt. depending on where your stopping. Usually we stay with friends in the Kalispell area but along the way have stayed at the KOA in Billings which is very nice albeit expensive.
Also stayed at the Yogi Bear near Missoula just off I90 on Rt. 93. which is nice too.
If you are entering Mt. from Wy. on I90 you'll go right by the Little Bighorn battlefield which actually can be seen from the Interstate with an easy on and off with good RV parking. Worth seeing if interested.
Enjoy the trip.

Crumgater

For Washington - take a look at the state parks. There are some great locations. They have a great reservation system too - as long as you make plans far enough in advance for popular parks & times.
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/

Some of our favorites:
Maryhill - on the Columbia River about 100 miles East of Portland, OR
Kalaloch over on the coast (National Park Service) - only a few "big rig" spots, but great beaches
Fort Warden near Pt. Townsend - also on the water, lots to do and see here!
Lake Wenatchee over near Leavenworth
Our friends also recommend Pearrygin Lake near Winthrop

Our rally last year was at Pioneer Trails RV park in Annacortes - and it was a GREAT private park, lots of large spaces, and options for being under the trees or out in the sunshine.

This year our rally is in Twisp at the Riverbend RV park. I have complete faith in our leaders (SJH) that this will become another favorite location.

While in Bend, OR, we stayed at the Crown Villa RV Resort. VERY nice private park.

We haven't been to MT yet, so I'll be taking notes from this tread on some recommendations, too!

Have Fun!
-Tina

gasman

Camp Socializer
There are lots of Oregon state parks along the coast highway. They are very nice and have hookups.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We are now retired.Live in Indiana.Will be traveling thru Montana Oregon and Washington.Would like to know about some good campgrounds.We have a 2900 mk Sundance.

It can be difficult recommending parks as everyone has such diverse likes and dislikes. I can suggest a few I am familiar with understanding we prefer private parks most often and places that lean toward quiet rather than too busy (we are old).

Here are a few for starters! Most of the Oregon parks listed are on the coast. If you haven't done Hwy 101 it is beautiful and there are many more great places.

Hwy 20 through WA via North Cascades is also a beautiful drive.

Missoula. MT - Jim and Marys RV Park

St. Regis, MT - Nugget RV Park

Spokane/Deer Park, WA - Spokane RV Resort

Chelan, WA - Beebe Park (County park)

Twisp, WA - Riverbend RV Park

Anacortes, WA - Pioneer Trails RV Park

You can't go wrong with any state park in Oregon but they are busy! We like...

Hammond, OR - Fort Stevens State Park

Nehalem, OR - Nehalem Bay State Park

Winchester Bay, OR - Winchester Bay RV Resort

Canyonville, OR - Seven Feathers

Best Wishes for a safe and great trip and if you are in our area July 20 & 21 stop by our state rally in Twisp!

wdk450

I wanted to pass on my favorite park in Oregon - Casey's Riverside RV Park in Westfir, Oregon. It is about 40 miles East of Eugene/Springfield Oregon right on the banks of the Willamette River (there is constant rushing river sounds).It has terrific owners,is beautifully landscaped, is near 3 major reseviours, is at the beginning of a beautiful scenic byway north through the Cascade mountains. I love to go stay there and spend a month touring central Oregon.
Here is their link: http://www.caseysrvpark.com/

Gizzy

During a trip out west last summer we spent a couple of nights at a COE park that is right on I-84 at mile marker 114. It is small but nice and right on the water. It makes for a nice stop over place while traveling that way. It is not exactly a destination park (unless you want to fish). The name is Le Page park. Only about $10/night w/water & electric. You can check it out at recreation.gov.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
In 2011, we took a trip through Montana, to Washington and Oregon. This basicly is the order we stayed.

7th Ranch RV Campground Garryowen MT (good campground & best place to stay to go see Custers battlefield. Sits on top of a hill has nice view and cool. On a working ranch.
7th Ranch 2.jpg 7th Ranch 1.jpg 7th Ranch 3.jpg

Bear Canyon Campground - Bozeman MT (two campgrounds in Bozeman have stayed at both & this is the best one. Not the greatest park but better than the other)
Bear Canyon 1.jpg Bear Canyon 2.jpg Bear Canyon 3.jpg

Jim & Marys RV Missoula MT (Nice park great landscaping. Go see the fire jumpers school)
Jim & Mary's 1.jpg Jim & Mary's 2.jpg Jim & Mary's 3.jpg

Spokane RV Resort Deer Park WA (Really Great. Suprised how nice it was. More expensive in the second photo and cheaper in the third photo)
Spokane RV Resort 2.jpg Spokane RV Resort 1.jpg Spokane RV Resort 3.jpg

Steamboat Rock State Park Electric City WA (Nice state park. Deer wander through park)
Steam Boat Rock 1.jpg Steam Boat Rock 2.jpg Steam Boat Rock 3.jpg

River Bend RV Park Twisp WA ( nice park near river lots of open ground to walk around)
River bend 1.jpg River bend 2.jpg River bend 3.jpg

Lake Pleasant RV Park Bothell WA (nice park but was a bit tight winding around. pretty tight to back into from narrow campground road.)

Lake Pleasant 1.jpg Lake Pleasant 2.jpg Lake Pleasant 3.jpg

Columbia River RV Park Portland OR (Nice park but I didn't like the large pipes at the entry to sites to protect the utilty sources)
Columbia River 1.jpg Columbia River 2.jpg Columbia River 3.jpg

Casey's Riverside RV Park Westfir OR ( Nice park along a river. attended a great rally here)
Casey's Riverside 1.jpg Casey's Riverside 2.jpg Casey's Riverside 3.jpg

Have fun & hope you have a great trip.

BC