Don't Mess With Success

berky

I know ... this topic is for ideas for improvements. A place where we can all point out what isn't right. But as I sit inside my 26LRSS Caliber Edition on an unexpectedly rainy evening, I look around and see all of the things that Heartland has done right.
- Windows: I don't believe there's a single model out there from anybody else in this size range that has 20+ feet of window space in the living/dining area. Coming from a popup and loving the outdoors, that's a huge plus for me.
- Lighting: If I turn on every interior light, it's like broad daylight on a dreary day. Again, I would be hard-pressed to find a model from someone else that is so well lit.
- Interior Finishes: From the solid wood cabinet door and dinette table to the solid countertop and window treatments, the interior is just right. Not cheesy. Not faux upper crust. Tastefully done and a treat in the price class.
- Electric Everything: Part of the reason for moving on from a popup was the hassle of setting up. So electric stabilizing jacks, electric slide (of course), electric awning, and electric tongue jack (admittedly added by me) make setup and departure such a pleasure that I practically look forward to the task.
- Axle Rating: Having 4400# axles and tires (even if made over there) under a 6200# dry weight TT gives me a warm and fuzzy that I have enough spare capacity to never sweat any trip down the road.

So in light of all the above, from where I sit there's nothing to improve. Any little thing that's "not right" or "needs improvement" pales in comparison to what Heartland got right.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This sure is a refreshing post.
It seems that when someone has some issues everyone hears about it. And that's alright.
Most people that are trouble free just continue to enjoy their rigs and we don't hear about that.
Thanks for your observations.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

Yep, I've got the same model and concur with your observations. It would have, however, been nice if they had run a cable for satellite like they do on the bigger rigs. I had to run my own, but I just consider that an upgrade.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I agree! Heartland "gets it right" 90% of the time...so much so, that it's really hard to even consider a new rig, however, the new rigs have even more of the "right" stuff!! Oh my...decisions, decisions...

berky

LOL! We've had our NT all of 2 months, and I'm already contemplating the next move up. Not that I am in any way dissatisfied with the 26LRSS, just want more of a good thing. Not sure which will be harder: Selling the fiscally prudent DW or choosing the next Heartland.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We've fulltimed in ours for five years...guess no one would think us "crazy" for wanting something new at this stage, but we've got this one just about perfect now...geez! When we do it will be a Landmark!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
It really is nice to read a GOOD post! I am enjoying our coach so much it really makes me upset to hear others badmouthing something that has brought so much happiness to me. The DW and I were just saying that our coach even after living full time in it for over a year now, just makes me feel comfortable every time I sit down in it.

I am so glad you are also enjoying your time in yours!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jbeletti

LOL! We've had our NT all of 2 months, and I'm already contemplating the next move up. Not that I am in any way dissatisfied with the 26LRSS, just want more of a good thing. Not sure which will be harder: Selling the fiscally prudent DW or choosing the next Heartland.

berky,

What a great post - thank you! As others have stated, it's human nature that when things are going right, we rarely take the time to pass on the kudos. It's great that you took the time to give praise when you felt it was due.

As Kathy mentioned, Heartland does not get it right all the time. We are imperfect, but we try very hard, we listen, we improve, we try to do the right thing when we've made errors.

With regard to your comment on moving up, "I have an extra lube plate". Just sayin' :) Inside joke - thanks Ed and Barb, former 21 "inch" Edge owners - love ya!