Inflatable bed..are you satisfied??

jwb187

We purchased a 2008 BigHorn 3055rl in January of this year. We had looked at an 07 model and actually thought we were getting the 07 until I found out on this forum that we were going to get an 08. That was great news but I found out when doing my PDI that the bed was not a hide a bed as the 07 had but an inflatable bed.....since then we have had nothing but trouble with this type mattress. We are now in the process of obtaining our third mattress as both the others have developed leaks that seem to be unrepairable. Our dealer has contacted Heartland to see if there is some way we can get a hideabed but according to the dealer the factory says no way. Apparently Heartland is again placing hideabeds in the units......anyone else having this problem or am I just an isolated incident.....I'm looking for a workable solution!!!

ChopperBill

We have the old style bed in ours and I had a very picky Water Bed friend stay on it for 3 nights and said it was fine. (he had to be lying! ;) ) I have always thought one of those Coleman blow up jobs with the little battery operated compressor that comes with them would be the best set up. Just throw it on the couch or floor and your are good to go.

Scott

I am going to tell you that your experience is indeed an isolated case. Overall, the air mattresses are a huge success. I apologize that you have gotten a couple with slow leaks. I'm sure Flair can get you one that has no leaks.
As for the standard sofa beds - no, it is not true that we have switched back to them. The air mattresses are too big of a hit.
ST

billyk21

Inflatable Bed

We have a 2008 BH 3370 with the same bed and love it. Ours too has leaked air but when I contacted Flair they said that was normal for it to lose air when sleeping on it. They said that after the break in period it should not lose any more air. We are seeing if this will hold true. Flair did say that if we are still having a problem let them know and they would send us a new air bed.

Bill and Renee' Kaufman
2008 Bighorn 3370

Scott

This is what the FLAIR materials say that come with the sofa:
NOTE: Airbed material may stretch during first use and may need additional air to reach desired firmness. Air inside of bed may expand and contract with with varying temperatures potentially leading to reduced pressure inside of the bed. If this occurs, simply add more air using the built-in pump to achieve desired firmness.

SO... basically what they are saying is, it is not uncommon to have to add some air to the mattress IF you are talking about sleeping multiple nights on this thing in varying temperatures. It's nice that you can do it with the automatic air pump.
ST

ST

jwb187

Thanks Scott for your reply about the mattress, I have read all the information from Flair and it seems that ours is losing much more air than it should. We have used the mattress for about a month this summer and it has lost almost all its air within an overnight period.....I feel like this is excessive....how long is the break in period supposed to be??? Anyway, my dealer has contacted your business and is in the process of obtaining another airbed for us.....I hope the third time is the charm. Thanks for your interest, it is greatly appreciated...jwb

madigand

We had a small leak in our air bed also. After Flair contacted us, they sent us a new mattress. It works great. Was really impressed with the way Flair responded and worked with us.

seabee

We have the air mattress from flair in our 08 BH the first time we used it it lost air and our friend ended up looking like a Taco when trying to get hp it folded up and had him stranded,the next day I called Flair and they said the same as they told others it will stop after breakin but after the talking with them I found four small holes in the upper left hand corner,since we had an appointment at Camper World in Colorado Springs I would show them and they could report it to Flair so I will see if anything happens with this and report back.
Seabee

5erWonk

We have the air bed on our 08 3055 which we picked up in March and have not had any air leak problems. The only issue we had is if you are not carefull the matress may catch on the sofa back when unfolding. This did happen and the matress cover ended up with a small tear. We haven't checked to see if the cover can be replaced.

All guests think it great.....Which isn't necessarily a good thing!!

cjbearden

Visitor
Love our Air Mattress Sofa

We switched out our two recliners for the new Air Mattress Sofa, so we have two sofas. Love, love the new air mattress and convenience of being plugged to electricity. With control at close hand on head of mattress, it is easy to reach over and blurp inflate once during the night. Talked with Flair rep during Rally and he explained that deflation is normal because of the temp variations. I have used the sofa about 8 nights and during this time have had to blurp the inflate once each night and everything is fine.

We carefully looked over the mattress to make sure it isn't rubbing any metal parts excessively and observed the following: At the foot of the bed frame, on each side, is a set of screws that may touch the mattress at times. In order to ensure these screws don't excessively rub the mattress making a hole, we purchased some lambs wool velcro closing seat belt wraps from CW, cut a slit about mid ways in the wrap to accommodate wrapping around the bed frame to cover the screws, and have had no problem with potential rubbing. Sorry we are not in the unit to take a picture. It will be several months before we have our unit out again but will try to remember to take pictures once we are able to travel again.

This new sofa sits so much better than the other style sofa also. Perfect height for someone who has difficulty rising from seated position. Thanks Flair for finally developing more comfortable seating/sleeping furniture like this.

C.J.

Denise

We've only had our 2008 3055 Bighorn out once, for a 4 night trip. 3 of the nights the mattress performed flawlessly. One night it deflated almost completely, but it was user error. Teenagers pumped it up and forgot to screw the cap back on.

we have a 2008 3400-re very happy so far, have a problem wth air bed was wondering if any one else has had any problems with the springs ? our seems to have a broken spring it,s pops every time some one set,s on it. Do i contact the dealer or the bed manufacturer? Thanks jim, dorothy,baster,&heidi

iefpro01

Folks - I know this a little off topic - but we did not get the new air bed in our couch.. But we did buy an aero bed and simply put it on top of the traditional couch matteress. It worked great! So for those without the new couch - here is a way to have the best of both worlds.

aquiring signal

no 12 volt

Love the air mattress, but wish we could fill it on 12 volts. A couple times when traveling we've stopped in a rest area overnight then could not fill it without getting out the generator. I tried a cigarette lighter adapter style 12v to 120v converter and it kept popping its breaker. Too much current, I guess.

Since the first couple times this happened to us we have figured out that we could fill the mattress while on shore power, stand it up out of the way, close the slides, and when we stop enroute it's filled and ready to go.

Still, not as convenient as our foam mattress in the old trailer, but I agree it's more comfortable.

5erWonk

Jon / Mary,

Go to Wal Mart, etal and pickup an air pump designed to fill Coleman air mattresses, it runson four D cell batteries and all fitting work on the BH mattress.