Rear Receiver Hitch Option

Delaine and Lindy

Rear Hitch....

We went with the option of having a factory rear hitch on our 5er. However since we will be towing a Chevy HHR behind out 5th wheel just yesterday we stopped by a welding shop and had a professional take a look at our rear 2 " receiver. He said he though it was a very good job. However did have him put to supports one one each of the receiver tube, probably I wasted a some money but its a feel good thing for us. I believe that welding on the frames isn't a problem as long as the person who is doing the welding knows his business. Good Luck with you rear hitch decision. If I remember correctly the rear factory hitch was around $250.00 well worth the money if you don't do anything but have a bike rack there. GBY.....

Milder

Class III Receiver Hitch

I purchased my 2009 2900RK from Lakeshore RV last year. At my request, the salesman John Sobczak had a Class III hitch which included the 4-flat wiring conector installed on my unit before I took delivery. They did an outstanding job and charged me $430.00. I double tow my 19ft ski boat during the summer months and a quad trailer during the winter months. I have had it inspected and found no issues or concerns....double tows like fine wine.....see my other posts under "Sundance Double Towing"

By the way, my boat and trailer weigh in at 3500LBS.

Have fun and enjoy

Scott

Attachments

• DSCN1326.JPG
    DSCN1326.JPG
    726.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN1330.jpg
    DSCN1330.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 154
  • P1010079.JPG
    P1010079.JPG
    358.2 KB · Views: 138