TV Mount

jimtoo

Hi cpipke,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Not sure what you mean by "turntable" wall, but maybe you could give us a better idea where your referring to. Or I'm sure some of our other Wilderness owners will jump in soon and help out.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

PeternLiane

That wall isn't to thin. It does hold the TV. You might be able to get a TV mount from Heartland or any other supply store.

i have the same question i have a 2103 wilderness 2850 bh, where the tv mounts is really thin, will the tv mount here and where to i find a flat mount to install the tv and also is that a satelittle booster on the roof??

danemayer

i have the same question i have a 2103 wilderness 2850 bh, where the tv mounts is really thin, will the tv mount here and where to i find a flat mount to install the tv and also is that a satelittle booster on the roof??

Hi akempton27,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum. Hopefully another Wilderness owner will jump in with some answers. If not, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Speedygoss

I have a 2013 Heartland Prowler 28BHS and I used this mount from best buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex&#...lack/9873278.p?id=1218187081851&skuId=9873278 and (6) 3/4" lag bolts from Home Depot to mount my 32" LED TV to the turn around wall. The supporting wood is 3/4" thick with an 1/8" backing behind it. I pre drilled the supporting wood before anchoring the lags. If you do it carefully you can drill through the 3/4" "supporting" wood without drilling through the 1/8" backing so you don't see the screws on the opposite side. I use my camper for allot of hunting and drive down allot of dirt washboard roads. I have yet to have any issues with the mount.

dbsmit4

This is what I was needing! 3/4 in board in the middle of the turnable wall sounds good. I wasn't sure how thick it was to mount a TV to it.
Where did everyone install the DVD player or did you just buy a TV/DVD combo?

danemayer

Hi dbsmit4,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As you've just found out, there's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

rickandcindy

Rock Hound
thank you for the good info I too have a 2650 BH. Curiosity what is the largest TV that somebody has fit in there. Thank you

Coyotes19

Thank you for this reply. We just bought a 2013 2650 and had this exact mount. I'll get some shorter lag bolts and get it installed. Thanks again!

rickandcindy

Rock Hound
Thank you for this reply. We just bought a 2013 2650 and had this exact mount. I'll get some shorter lag bolts and get it installed. Thanks again!

Could some of you post some photos without the tv and with the tv mounted. I have my local RV dealer looking with Heartland right now and the prices they have quoted are ridiculous. I guess I'll have to buy a mount from Best Buy or somewhere else if Heartland can't help. I don't know what the problem is with them, some new trailers come with TV mounts and TV's.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Could some of you post some photos without the tv and with the tv mounted. I have my local RV dealer looking with Heartland right now and the prices they have quoted are ridiculous. I guess I'll have to buy a mount from Best Buy or somewhere else if Heartland can't help. I don't know what the problem is with them, some new trailers come with TV mounts and TV's.

I bought two of these swivel mounts for our Trail Runner . . .

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Locking-Cantilever-Mount/51564

I picked mine up in the store . . . not from the internet.

One in the bedroom and the other in the living room!

This is the only one I could find that can lock the TV's to the wall while on the road!

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

However, if your trailer has a sticker on the wall that says "TV Mounting Plate" or something like that, make sure that is where the backing plate is before drilling holes in the wall.

The sticker on the wall in our bedroom was off by almost two feet . . . :confused: