Hot in BC 3650 Is a 15,000 BTU big enough?

SteveTina

We just purchase the Big country3650. The first time we used it the AC vibrated and was so loud we could not hear the TV and sitting on the couch was numbing. We took it back and they replaced the AC unit. Now the new AC will not cool the camper. It was 90 out and the camper inside was 80. At night it did cool a little. The air coming out of the AC is cool, but not cold enough to cool the camper. I covered all windows and no difference. It is a 15,000 BTU is that unit big enough? If we buy a second AC will that help cool the main room? I would hate to be in it when it gets to 100.

rick_debbie_gallant

question: When you turn the air on do you do it when it is getting hot inside, like say 80 - 85 or do you start the thing up first thing in the morning say 9 or 10 before it starts getting hot out.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It's been my experience that a single a/c unit will only lower the interior temp about 20 degrees from the ambient outside temperature.

Rickhansen

SteveTina,
This issue has been discussed many times over the years. Generally, most folks (IMO) do not feel that 1 A/C is enough. This of course is dependent on where you are, sun, shade, etc. and your expectations. It also depends on you rigs insulation, windows, and other. I know Maryland is quite high humidity in the summer. For quick cool down and comfort during the heat of the day, you will want the second A/C.

Look at the bright side, it's already prepped from the factory.

Swinborn

Just picked up our 2012 3650RL and after complaining about the lack of air flow to the service manager, they kept it and found that the factory had failed to close off the ductwork in the rear of the camper, and a good bit of the air was dumping into the rear fiberglass cap area. The were able to work through one of the air outlets and seal off the duct, and the air flow now is amazing better - all through the camper.

It was 102 yesterday, and even with the duct fixed, we had both ACs running just to stay comfortable, but we were in the direct sun without shade. I would think that as large as the rig is, you'll need the front AC to be comfortable in extreme temps.