MPG 185 Single Step

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bruce, I can't help with a name but I have one of THESE and it's a real help for us. Very strong and stable. In my opinion, better this than changing to a multi step for stability and strength. Also, it can be used with the legs folded under for a shorter platform as needed.

kb0zke

We were looking for one of those recently, too. Until our last campground, we've always had fairly level spots, and the standard step on our 181 was just fine. We were at Hot Springs, and had a site that sloped down from the road, so the tongue was almost on the ground and the tail was up in the air. Naturally Wal-Mart didn't have anything to help and the nearest Camping World was some distance away. I'm sure there probably was an RV dealer in Hot Springs, but we didn't take the time to look.

A mid-door has an advantage on a sloping site since it is likely to be pretty much at design height no matter what.

PeternLiane

Our little step stool broke while my mother in-law was climbing into the trailer. We knew that we couldn't always count on step stools. We replaced out single step on our SOB with a double step. That was the best decision ever. There are many different manufacturers of Steps. Just measure your step and get a double step replacement. What really matters more than the manufacturer is if your step is bolted on or welded on. Welding has to be cut off like on our SOB. If its was Bolted on its much simpler. We bolted the new double step on. The entire mod took about 2 and half hours.

You should be able to get a double step from any dealer or RV shop. Just measure your step then go and see them. Camping world online has some too. You may have to order it from the dealer too.