Front landing jack button exposed

porthole

Retired
Call Heartland and ask about the box/cover used for the rear stab jacks.

They can also be found on Amazon or evil bay.

iPhone using Tapatalk

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Thanks Porthole. I'm revisiting this thread for suggestions since the item we bought didn't quite fit. We left it at that, thinking we'd get around to it. The neighbor had some kids over today that has put this on our top priority list. They were into everything, including OUR trailer! :mad: Who knew one could swing on the basement door...

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks Porthole. I'm revisiting this thread for suggestions since the item we bought didn't quite fit. We left it at that, thinking we'd get around to it. The neighbor had some kids over today that has put this on our top priority list. They were into everything, including OUR trailer! :mad: Who knew one could swing on the basement door...

You must have a lot more patience than I have...:rolleyes:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Yep. No door flap here. I would like one because we've only had her a week and already that button has gotten a lot of grit in it. So when I hit it, it gets stuck in extend or retract. I have to keep my finger on it so I can hit it the other way.

We found a electrical outlet cover at Lowes for wet/outdoors. Heavy duty, perfect match to the rig's color. It almost fits. I'm just concerned that there isn't enough space there and a jostle might make the feet come down.

We'll look at Home Depot today.

I know the chances of someone messing with it are really low, but of all the things I'm worried about with our new 'home' well, let's say it's a short list. One item really. I just don't trust the landing gear and hydraulics yet.

You might check out this universal (12 way) cover at home depot. Model # MX1250S / Internet # 202266485 /
Store SKU # 330003

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...itch+cover&storeId=10051&superSkuId=202908510

ncc1701e

Ncc,

Where did you get your cover? I often think about this too, but in two years haven't had an issue. Really like that cover though for peace of mind.

E

The cover came from Menards, I've never seen that exact cover at a Lowes. I'm sure there are other hardware stores that carry the cover. Landing Gear Cover Open.jpg