Eureka vacuum fix

herefishy

Have seen all kind of possible repairs to the buillt-in vacuum not turning off - but came up with the simplest - unplug it!. It's plugged into a plug behind the wall and you can unplug it, then pull the plug out into the main part ot the basement and plug it into the basement outlet to use it. They said just bring it in to the service shop and they would replace it, but I couldn't get it out without 4 more hands.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is a PITA to get it out. Our quit working and after searching for quite awhile found a Eureka repair shop. They told us there is no repair for those only replacement. We got a new one under warranty and then reinstalled it. But again it is a pain in the A.. to do it.

Bob Vaughn

Ours would not even suck up dust bunnies, let alone pick up dirt. We have a Bissel Pet vacuum in the stick built house so I bought one for the Big Country. It is a bit of a pain to get it out of the closet but it is powerful enough to pick up sand that the grandkids track in from outside....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
our eureka works great. You might want to check to be sure there is a bag in it correctly. It should have great suction on it and if you have not looked in the canister where the bag goes you need to as that is where they store paperwork during shipping. Maybe it did not get removed.

Bob Vaughn

Nope that was the first thing we found in ours, the dealer came out and found it was not plugged in after he took the wall down....but it still does not suck very well....

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Mine works great - but today it started the "no shut off" game.

Had that problem in MD last week. Had to adjust the sliding lid. It wasn't engaging the tabs that switch it off on the connector. Sounds like it should be easy, but it was a PITA to get aligned correctly without breaking the tabs.