brand new propane bottle popped pressure relief and lost all my gas!

We picked up our new Landmark and had it parked at the house. My bride heard a noise and really didn't notice anything. Later we found the bottle on the right side of the 5er was empty and the red plug had blown out. Since it a brand new unit I would think the dealer would be able to take care of this problem. Has anyone else had this happen or is my dumb luck.

danemayer

Hi Airplaneguy,

Congrats on your new Landmark; we have a Rushmore and I'm sure you'll enjoy your Landmark as much as we enjoy ours.

I'm glad the tank failure wasn't accompanied by any damage, and yes, your dealer ought to be able to take care of the problem. I'd suggest calling to discuss how they want to handle it. Hopefully they'll have a new tank on hand or can give you one from an unsold unit on their lot.

There are a bunch of Heartland owners in Texas who get together regularly at Heartland owner rallies. I hope you'll consider joining in the fun. The next local rally (South Texas Chapter) is pretty close to you in Boerne. Here's a link to the info. We're from Austin, so we participate with the South Texas group, but also plan to join in with the newly forming North Texas Chapter.

I'd also encourage you to join the Heartland Owner's Club. There's an Owners Club button at the top of the forum screen that'll get you to the registration page.

Club Benefits:

• Oval Heartland Owners Club Plaque engraved with Club Member Number ($26 value)
  • Ladder mount and frame for Club Plaque** ($25 value)
  • Exclusive window for early registration to annual North American Heartland Owners Rally
  • $25 Discount to North American Heartland Owners Rally, held once annually
  • 10% Discount on parts ordered direct from HEARTLAND (added 14-Feb-2010)
  • Permanent Club Badges - up to 2 per Club rig

Hope to meet up with you soon.

Rickhansen

Could be defective, not purged properly, or overfilled. Your dealer should replace it under warranty, I think.